withheld number in 1 extension

Discussion in 'Windows' started by andy1805, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy1805

Hi,

first please excuse my bad english :)
    my customer wants to change that one extension goes out with withheld number. I should remove that function because many people don't accept calls like that. But I can't find where this configuration was be done. It was done from the it company that was responsible before. Can you help me to find the possible configuration to block outgoing number for one extension?
    Thx in advance
    Regards
    Andy

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You want 1 extension (ie: 100) to not be able to call 1 external person (ie: his lawyer) - or are you trying to block the outbound caller id?

For option 1:
    Goto outbound rules, enter the number as the "starts with", enter the length of the number, enter the extension it applies to, and select BLOCK for the Route to use. Put this new rule at the top of the list.

In the US, we have 7 digit dialing for local, 10 digit for local in another area code and 11 for long distance. We kept these rules when me moved to VoIP to avoid confusing people, so my rule might include 3 different phone numbers with no length
    14805551212,4805551212,5551212, and calls from ext 100.

This is all done in the 3cx Server for Windows, not in the 3cxPhone (this is the 3cx Phone Forum).

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I read this as wanting to permanently block caller ID for that one extension, on all outgoing calls.

But then you state this, which sounds as if the caller ID is already blocked and you want to unblock it so that some called destinations will accept the calls.

Could you clarify please.

4. andy1805

Hi,

thx you 2 for trying to help me. I'll try to explain my problem:

for the extension that is used by callcenter outgoing caller id is supressed.
    In switzerland you can tell the phone company: "Please block every call to me that has no caller id".
    So now the callcenter wants to remove this function that blocks the outgoing caller id and I didn't find where this was configured.
    So my question is, where can you configure to block outgoing caller id? The people from office has a caller id, only the callcenter has it blocked, so the configuration is not for the whole system, only for one group, one extension or one outgoing rule where ever you can configure s.th. like that.
    I hope now you can understand better what I meant.
    Regards
    Andy

Right, that's it!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may very well be, but I'm not aware of, 3CX's ability to permanently block CID on a per extension basis.

That said, in each extension settings you can define what caller ID is sent out, if that is left blank then the trunk default should be sent.

There may be a setting within the set, or it may be the particular trunk group that the calls use. Do other callers use the same group?

There may be a specific set of outbound rules that that group of extensions makes use of. That/those rule(s) could be adding a prefix to outbound calls that causes the provider to send the call as anonymous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.