Withheld number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gerlow, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerlow

Hi!

I have a VoiP number in Norway people calling in to. This calls are going to my 3cx server in Sweden and are directly forward to Outside number. but the number is presented as a withheld number, but if a connect the calls to an expension on my server I can se the numbers?

anybody know how to "transfer" the origin telephonenumber from the dialer?

Thx!

Best!!

Staffan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would suspect that the outgoing service from the 3CX in Sweden is blocking the number. Are you using a VoIP or PSTN provider? If PSTN, what happens if you place a call from a regular phone? Do callers see a number displayed? Is the number blocked on calls to all numbers or just certain numbers?

3. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

You need two things to get this to work:

- a VoIP provider or PSTN gateway that supports Call Diversion
    - 3CX must support Call Diversion

At the moment 3CX does not support this. Please vote for this feature request if you want this feature: http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-caller-id-on-forward-to-external-number-9248.html

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gerlow

Hi!

Thx for the answers!

But I am not sure I am doing the right thing, I am totaly new in 3csx and VoIP. This is my setup:

- I call is coming in to my Norway number - going to the Norway VoIP provider "Umoe" (SIP trunk - can handle 8 calls)
    - The call is coming to my 3cx server, the call is not Witheld. I can see callers number in the log in server.
    - I am setting up the Umoe Provider in 3cx direcly to "Forward to outside number " - a Swedish number
    - I have a Swedish Voip provider (CellIP) in 3cx, but this acccount can just handle 1 call at a time
    - I have a outbound rule: if number starts with 00046 send to CellIP

The calls are coming to my Swedish number but I am just seeing the CellIp number calling, not the origin Norway number. So the Norway number is coming in to my 3cx but is not sent to my Swedish number/ or is not sent to CellIP, or CellIP can´t handle it.

Questions:
    - is it impossible?
    - Is cellIP a problem, change to SIP trunk on CellIP? Or is it a other setting in the CellIP, something for the support at CellIP?
    - Or is it a settings in the 3cx? Field settings?
    - I am just going to use 3cx as a router of calls. Can I solve it with DID?

Many thanks!!

Best!

Staffan

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps Cellip will not allow you to send out a number (have a number displayed at the called parties phone) other than the one that you got when you signed up for service with them. You'd have to check with them. A lot of companies do this to prevent people from "spoofing" caller-id.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.