Wondering if.....

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miraportuga, Sep 21, 2007.

1. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

There is any kind of software that allows for.
    Example:
    I have a old Cell Phone or PDA and i would like this phone/PDA to act has a GSM gateway connected to the 3cx box, so i wonder, is there any software of the kind for Symbian or Windows Mobile that allow us to connect it to 3cx (Through Activesync) and use it has a normal PSTN line, but GSM? This would be an interesting feature...i think.
    Anyways, does anyone knows if there is such thing? Been looking but dont know exactly what to look for.

Cheers

2. dyntech

dyntech New Member

There are WiFi versions of cordless phones that work with SIP.

And if you search this forum there is software you can run on a Windows smartphone to use as a SIP client.

Not sure if thats what you meant.

3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Thats not what i want, that i have on my PDA.
    Ill try to explain better.

Like you have a Voip Gateway to connect a PSTN line to 3cx you too have a GSM gateway to connect a SIM card and its service to 3cx, what im asking is, if there's any software that will allow a PDA or a Cell phone (Through Wifi, Activesync, Bluetooth, Usb cable) to act has a GSM gateway allowing us to make calls with 3cx through that device doing this way the job of a expensive GSM gateway. I have actually 1 cell phone and a Pocket PC doing nothing that i could use for this.

Cheers

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

That would be cool for emergencies or a portable office. I doubt they can handle the bandwidth of more than 1 call reliably. I tried using mine today for a remote desktop connection and it got dropped before I could even sign on.

I know what you mean though - all these old gadgets lying around doing nothing begging to be used again.

5. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Roblloyd,

I thought he was asking for a way to use his Cell phone as an FXO device. A single call at at a time out just like a dial up liine.

This device below sounds like what you looking for but it would not use you PDA or cell, but would use the SIM card and cellular account. This does look like a possible way to have an emergency line out as long as the PBX is physically at your location.

http://www.gsmsave.co.uk/VOIP_GSM_SIP_Gateway.htm

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

webguyz thats what i want but... a soft version, not an hardware version, since i have the Hardware(Old Phone). So what i want is a software that will make the Phone act has a gateway to 3cx... been looking but i guess theres no such thing, not at least yet...

Cheers

7. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Since 3CX only speaks SIP your SOL ;-)

8. nin

nin

using cell/mobile phone

did you find any info on how to implement it on 3CX?

i believe the software functionality you are looking for is called chan_mobile, that allow Bluetooth Cell/Mobile Phones to be used as FXO devices, and Headsets as FXS devices, available in asterisk.

[]s
    nin