Won't complete call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jniedfeldt, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jniedfeldt

I am not sure how knowledgeable people are on how the code was written, but I am running into an issue with compatability with a SIP Media Gateway that we are developing.

The problem occurs when a soft SIP phone attempts to call an extension served by the SMG.

The INVITE packet arrives, and the SMG replies with a RINGING packet and then an OK packet with the SD. Then the server replies with an ACK packet. After that point, the caller does not receive an OK packet, so it does not initiate any RTP packets.

On the Server I see the following messages:

20:29:15.984 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected [CM103001] Call(1): Created audio channel for Ext.6023 :)0) with third party (10.0.0.107:32456)
    20:29:15.750 CallConf::eek:nProvisional [CM103003] Call(1): Ext.6023 is ringing
    20:29:13.484 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(1): Incoming call from 6029 (Ext.6029) to sip:6023@10.0.0.106

My question is: how does the onConnected determine the proper IP:port? Obviously the :)0) is wrong. I would assume that it takes the IP address from the "c=" and "m=" lines of the SDP, but those lines seem to be fine. What line of the DSP is used to gather than info?

I realize this is an open forum, but I don't know where else to ask the question. Hopefully someone here has some knowledge or access to the software.

Thanks -

2. npiersma

jniedfeldt,

If you're a developer building an own SIP gateway, you might try and contact support@3cx.com and ask them how to proceed.

I can tell from experiance that 3CX is STRICLY RFC compliant when it comes to SIP.

Furthermore, it might be cosmetic that the wrong port number is reported.

Niels

3. jniedfeldt

They sent me here...

I'd like to do that but they sent me to the forums...

I guess I will have to go a bit more formal and see if I can talk to them via corporate contacts.

Thanks for the suggestion though!