Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wont use next rule with GSM Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by complea, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complea

HI,

I have installed a Portech MV372 GSM gateway on our 3CX system v.10 using the official 3CX installation guide. And everything seems to be working fine. I can ring both in and out. But the problems start when i want to use rules to guide the traffic around.

I made the following simple rules and placed them ontop of all other rules: (the actual phonenumbers are replaced)
    Calls to number (prefix): 98123456
    Route: GSM 1
    Strip: 0

Calls to number (prefix): 98654321
    Route: GSM 2

Calls to numbers with a lenth of: 8-14
    Route: SIP provider

I my head this is how this should work: If i call 98123456 from any extension it should use GSM 1 as route, and it does. But if GSM 1 is busy and i call 98123456 from another extension i just get a busy tone. Instead i was expecting it to route the call to my SIP provider instead since there is an according rule for the purpose below. The same is the case when i 98654321 and GSM 2 is busy it doesn't route the call to the SIP provider instead.

If i then instead make only one rule and set the following
    Calls to number with a length of 8-14
    Route 1: GSM 1
    Route 2: GSM 2
    Route 3: SIP provider
    Strip: 0 in all cases

Then it seems to work fine. Then it will automatically start from the top untill it reaches an available route. But unfortunately we have a rather complex pattern for outbound calls so this is not an option.

Someone sugested that it was a license problem but i have tried to re-activate the license with no result.

Any suggestions? I'm in quite a predicament since we have to install several of the gateways very soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

I think you need to add the routes into each outbound rule and not have 3 different rules,

based on what you are doing the PBX is matching the first rule and since only 1 route is defined you are getting a busy. what you need to do is have that same rule and add route 2 and 3. route 2 would be gsm2 and route 3 would be sip providor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. willow

willow Member

once the 3cx mactches a outbound rule it will not look for other rules. that is why they have included 3 route options for each rule.

4. complea

Its not an option to use the 3 routes under each rule. What if i for some reason have 10 providers? Then it would only be possible to use 3 of them for at certain extension.

And of course it doesn't look for another route once it has found one. But in my case where the first route is busy it hasn't found a route therefore should take to the next rule too se for a non busy alternative.

I know for at fact that this works i have set it up more than once using only sip lines but when adding this supposingly suported GSM gateway none of these rules work anymore. If the rule for the GSM gateway is the first rule and the GSM gateway is busy it never uses rule 2, 3, 4 and so on.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As was mentioned previously, you have rules, and routes within the rule. Rules are not what is "busy". the routes within the rule can be busy. Once a rule is matched, it will go out the first idle route, it will not go looking for another rule if all routes are busy. Call routing follows an "if, then" logic flow...if the dialled number matches an outbound rule, then go to these routes...if, the first route is idle, then, use it...if the first route is busy, then, use the second route...and so on. It's one way, it can't go back if all routes within that rule are busy.

The 3 route limitation , has been brought up before...http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/More-than-3-routes-in-Outbond-Rules/83041-9854

As it stands, you will have to make do. I suppose that It was assumed that the majority of 3CX users won't have a requirement for more than 3 routes, of course some will. I suppose that the thinking was, people could have a PSTN group, a VoIP group (for long distance?) and still have a third option.

Still, you can break down number prefixes (local, long distance (down to area code), international (even down to country code) and mobile, to send them out on multiple 3 trunk "groups". Yes, it is a bit more work, in crafting outbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.