• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Work around needed for Exchange contact integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim942

Reaction score
All,

I have no problem with Exchange contact integration, that looks fantastic on the 3CX for windows client. My problem is that on the phones (cisco and yealink), it doesn't use company names and it only wants to use mobile numbers. Would anyone know where this is scripted so that I can change or duplicate it (for a separate custom phone book)?

After a lot of digging around, I have discovered a bit about what I can and can't do.

Can:
Use multiple numbers per contact and sort by companies
Export 3CX contacts as a CSV to strip down to needed variables

Can't:
Use pause (,) and wait(;) as 3CX does not know what to do with these, which means I can't auto-dial extensions.
Automate this in an easy way.

First, my contacts are a mess, but 3CX throws issues if ext, x, a comma, or anything else really is used in the number. I had to do a bit of cleaning so that it was a bit more presentable.

Second, I found an XML phonebook generator on Yealink's website, but it is limited to 50 groups or 1000 contacts, so I needed to many smaller batches. The tool is actually an Excel spreadsheet, but it is locked and encrypted so I can't see what it is doing exactly. The output looks good on the Yealink T48G, so I would recommend trying it. Output is similar to below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneBook>
<Title>Yealink</Title>
<Menu Name="Company 1">
<Unit Name="User 1" Phone1="Business#" Phone2="Mobile#" Phone3="Other#" default_photo="Resource:"/>
<Unit Name="User 2" Phone1="Business#" Phone2="Mobile#" Phone3="Other#" default_photo="Resource:"/>
</Menu>
<Menu Name="Company 3">
<Unit Name="User 1" Phone1="Business#" Phone2="Mobile#" Phone3="Other#" default_photo="Resource:"/>
<Unit Name="User 2" Phone1="Business#" Phone2="Mobile#" Phone3="Other#" default_photo="Resource:"/>
<Unit Name="User 3" Phone1="Business#" Phone2="Mobile#" Phone3="Other#" default_photo="Resource:"/>
</Menu>
</YealinkIPPhoneBook>

I have created a workaround for our system it may work for you.
It's not supported by 3cx but works ok for us.
http://www.3cx.com/forums/post173874.html#p173874

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.