Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

workaround to install 3cx 12.5 on windows 7 32 bit pc?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

The 3cx 12.5 manual says 12.5 can be installed only on 64 bit pcs. Is that really true? Is there any workaround? And why was this done, since it would seem to make it impossible for a lot of people to use?

Also, is there a link to download the last version of 3cx (including service packs) before 12.5 (i.e. the last one that would install on a 32 bit pc)? I have a version but it is more than a year old and would prefer a more recent version.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is no workaround. I can only guess that the feeling is that most users are moving to 64 bit architecture and that 32 bit is becoming more of a legacy. From their viewpoint, it is likely a concern of having to support both platforms and it could also be that some of the newer features (or those envisioned) may only be available or run more efficiently (or only) on 64 bit. 12.5 has been out for quite some time now and I do not recall having seen many (any?) posts expressing the concern about the move to 64 bit only.

As far as a link, I am not aware of one being available, but others may have a copy. You did not mention the version you have, so am uncertain how V12 may apply. 3CX has provided instructions for current v11, v12 and 12.5 users on how to update their systems due to the SHA-1 issue involving the authentication process. Versions prior to v11 are considered obsolete, but 3CX has issued a note that will allow these users to upgrade to V11.

You can find the info on the blog and then see how it applies to your situation.

3. asinshesq

Thanks for your reply. I have version 12 and service packs 1-4 installed but service packs 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.2. Any chance someone has a more recent version 12 than version 12 service pack 4?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Patch1

Version 12 can be downloaded from downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem12.exe
    When I downloaded it a few weeks ago, it was the same version you have, so you need to download service packs 4, 6, 6.2 after installing it.

It appear 3CX have not released a later build of v12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.