Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Worked once, then nothing afterwards

Discussion in 'Android' started by bhappy911, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhappy911

Was able to make one successful call after the upgrade to ver 1.2.11 and then nothing since. It's "on hook" then it calls with no ringtone, nothing happens, then it returns to "on hook". Running Android version 2.2.2 on an Atrix phone version 4.183.MB860.att.en.us. Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using it with a VoIP provider or as an extension off of 3CX?

3. aesteve

aesteve New Member

Same problem :

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
    Android 2.2.1
    3CX VoIP Phone for Android 1.2.11

The Galaxy is a 3CX extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bhappy911

VOIP provider

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

OK, first try getting it to work over WiFi, not 3G. The 3G can add other issues. When using as a 3Cx extension, make use of the 3CX server log. What does the registration look like? Does the IP and port seem correct? What happens, in the logs, when you place a call? Does it show errors, is it even showing the call?

When working to a VoIP provider, unfortunately, you don't have access to what's happening at the other end, but, if you use over WiFi, and you are using a WiFi router that you have access to, you may be able to use Wireshark (through a hub connected between the router and modem) to see what is going on.

6. aesteve

aesteve New Member

Hi,

over WiFi works fine.

The VoIp provider is my own company "Masquevoz". I can see what happens in a call, but I don´t have time to see what happens. With Fring the calls over 3G works fine.

If I have time to see the Wireshark, I will put the results here.

Thanks for answer.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. speedbit

I have the same problem, working on a Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5830 w/ Android 2.2.1
    3CX app was recently updated to 1.3.3 and I still fce the same problem.
    I'm NOT using 3G... all my problems are trough Wi-Fi connection, tested on different routers and networks.

When I place a call, it briefly shows "Calling..." message and instantly, it goes back to "On Hook"!

BTW, when the app is recently initialized, I'm able to receive incoming calls, but once the phone goes to "stand-by", if I try to call to my VoIP number (from any other line), it seems to be not registered... since I get calling tone, but the 3CX app don´t do nothing! (even if I get the phone back from it´s "stand-by" mode!).

Can someone help on this??
    Thanks in advance!

8. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    This is a common misseting problem related to the physical IP vs SIP Domain Name confusion.
    Suppose the PBX is located on the machine having as hostname vali.3cx.local and IP 10.0.0.1.
    Usually, in 3CXPhone, you configure In-Office either "10.0.0.1" or "vali.3cx.local".
    However, if the PBX is configured to have a SIP Domain Name, let's say, "vali-pbx-machine", the 3CXPhone configured to "vali.3cx.local" will have the behavior you described. The reason is "vali-pbx-machine" does'n match the SIP Domain Name.
    In this case, the solution is to configure the 3cxphone as follows:
    In-Office: vali-pbx-machine
    Proxy: 10.0.0.1
    or
    In-Office: vali-pbx-machine
    Proxy: vali.3cx.local

Hope it helps
    Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.