Working Config for 3cx + SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GeorgeW, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeW

Hi,

I´ve been trying to setup to config 3cx + SPA3102 with the official 3cx config and other posts in this forums but I just can't make it work. This is I can't make out calls or recieve calls.

Does anyone know a working config ?

This is my configuration:

Normal phone line <---> SPA3102 <---> 3cx <---> SIP phones

Thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 works very well and contrary to some information, you can use both the FXO and FXS port in conjunction with 3CX.
    Did you follow this guide?

http:/ /www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Get the FXO (PSTN line) working first, then worry about getting the FXS port going. There re a number of settings to "separate" both portions within the unit. Post back about how you are getting on and we can help with tweaking it to work out any issues.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

SPA-3102 is a marvelous device (for over 5 years) and works perfectly with 3CX system (and not only).
    You need to understand its logic a little bit. Simplest approach (not complete available functionality) is to consider it as 2 devices -- first one as 1-port FXO gateway and second one as 1-port FXS adapter. This is the safest way to use SPA-3102 with 3CX system.
    I would also recommend to search the Cisco site for admin manual (SPA-3000 one is also fine).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GeorgeW

Thanks Leejor, Yes, I followed that guide and no success, I'm not able to mak outgoing calls or get incoming calls. I have seen many post complaining about that guide and saying it's not accurate or it needs an update. That's why I'm asking if there's a reliable one out there.

5. GeorgeW

Thanks Eagle2, well, I'm not concerned about the fxs, I agree, that's the least of my problems. I'm not trying to get it work, my mission is FXO. Any ideas, pasting images of my configs would help?

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Can you provide me remote access -- TeamViewer or RDP ? Send me a PM.
    Should be something very simple, it's really well working.

Kind regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are not really any (that I've seen) specific to settings for use with 3CX. If you follow the guide, you should be seeing some logs in 3CX during incoming or outgoing call attempts. There may be some settings that still need adjusting but post the logs that you get and we'll make some suggestions as to the changes.

I'm assuming that you are using the Internet (blue) RJ-45 port for the connection to your router/switch, and that you have assigned the 3102 a static IP address and have all of the other network settings correct (subnet mask, gateway, etc.).
    Is it showing as registered in 3CX?

8. Julian Thompson

PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS NONSENSE see later in thread for my reply

Hi all. I'm a 3cx novice myself, and had this problem too. Spa 3102 registered no problem but not taking incoming or making outgoing calls.

Solution for me was the proxy registration of the spa 3102. The 3cx instructions seemed to tell me to put the 3cx PBS address in there, when in fact it actually wanted the ip of the spa3102 itself....

Hope this helps!

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In both the PSTN Line and Line 1 tabs, the Proxy will be the IP of the 3CX server, if the 3102 and 3CX are located on the same LAN. This where is has to go to register. You should not be putting the IP of the 3102 in there, you may have other issues.

10. Julian Thompson

Exactly what I thought... But it worked! I will double check this today to make sure I am to mistaken on this. It's no problem because I have to set up two more 3102 units today anyway.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm perplexed as to how it would work as that is the only place you tell the 3102 where to go to register.

12. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Everything with SPA-3102 is simple and straightforward and fine working -- just literally follow the configuration guidelines.
    It can be regarded as 2 independent devices - one PSTN gateway with FXO port and one VoIP adapter (ATA) with FXS port.
    This is the way 3CX system uses it - like trunk line and like extension, it both cases the SPA-3102 registers to 3CX.

Regards

13. Julian Thompson

Oops yes so sorry about this. I was obviously talking nonsense and was confused!

In fact the issue was purely that the 3cx software set the sip port of the 3102 to 5062 and I left it at that.

Then the setup guide told me to set the sip port in the setup of the actual 3102 box to 5060. Clearly these did not match and so it didn't work. I changed to 5060 in the software on the 3cx console and it worked.

Once again sorry for talking nonsense earlier.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The default ports on the 3102 are 5060 and 5061, for Line 1 and the PSTN Line, respectively. I fail to understand why the 3CX default port for the PSTN line (FXO trunk) is 5062. That has caused a lot of confusion in users not that familiar with the 3102. It just means that you have to change one end or the other (to match), or it won't work.

Could 3CX not change the default to 5061 to match the 3102 setting (please), or is there some reason, that eludes me, that it was made 5062?

15. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Leejor,

my understanding is changing port to 5062 is done on purpose and reflects possible advanced usage of SPA-3102. Really there is no reason to change the port to 5062 under normal circumstances.

Regards
    Orlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.