Working VOIP providers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nick Galea, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

We would like to hear about VOIP providers that work well with 3CX. Please post any VOIP providers that work well with 3CX in this thread. Should any special configuration be required, or changes to the templates, please make note of these as well. This new thread replaces the old thread with the Poll.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cjammer

cjammer New Member

I started using VoIP.com. They now give you the information to use your own equipment. It sets up in the 3CX console. It worked first try. I set my 3cx PBX to dial 7 for VOIP and 9 to get a Copper line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

I'm using XS4ALL in the Netherlands. It works great with the standard template. Just fill in sip.xs4all.nl and it works.

4. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Voiceflex is working well in the UK. The only changes from the Generic SIP trunk are:
    Registrar/Proxy host name: sip.voiceflex.com
    Registration settings/require registration for: both in-out calls
    Source identification:Match any fiels, SIP field: Contact:Host Part, Value:Custom Field, Custom Value:146.101.248.200:5060

I have the SIP trunks set by Voiceflex to allow the 3cx to generate the outgoing caller ID so:
    Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters.. SIP Field From:User Part, Value: Custom Field, Custom Value: (desired PSTN number without leading zero) 2071239876

I also have Draytel working with the generic template but I do not consider this a viable commercial supplier as prepayment credit is required.

5. dcohn

I have setup in the US both

TELIAX and https://www.teliax.com/
    VOICEPULSE http://connect.voicepulse.com/

Another excellent US Provider is JUNCTION Networks http://junctionnetworks.com/ but I have not yet tested them. I expect they will also work without trouble but time will tell.

I did have to add both an inbound and outbound proxy.

It took minutes to get a green light and tested both inbound and outbound calls with both providers. NO ISSUE.

I am repeating the following request again.

We need to have a dynamic selection of provider capability available in 3CX so that a provider can be selected based on availability at the time of the call.
    By availability I mean that it is load balanced based on availability and tcp response times

I am far from a VOIP guru and I will listen and learn to any constructive comments.

Thanks

Doug

6. h2009

h2009 Member

My own service for UK holders - Hamdra.co.uk

Please PM for details - at the moment this server is only open to 3CX users.

7. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

IDV.net

IDV offers a pay-as-you-go account: http://www.idv.net/pages/voice/voipsip.php

I successfully set them up as a generic outbound trunk:

- They don't require SIP Registration (validate via IP address)
    - Make sure that your "Contact : Host Part" provides a valid IP address
    (in my case, I had to define OutHostPort, possible a 3CX bug if you don't use STUN)
    - You need to define your desired callerID as a custom field for the "Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part"
    - Choose "PBX delivers audio" (as they don't support ReInvite)

8. asfuture

asfuture New Member

i'm working with VoipBuster. Fully working, with great rate and call quality.
    you need this information:

General
    SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.voipbuster.com
    Proxy server : sip.voipbuster.com
    Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    Account name : your VoipBuster username
    Password : your VoipBuster password
    Display name/number : your VoipBuster username or voipnumber
    Stunserver (option) : stun.voipbuster.com

9. asfuture

asfuture New Member

i'm also using thix IPT. i'm very tankfully about. in & out, transit, on hold....: no problems

10. Discovery Technology

We're using (and selling) Nexvoice which is run by NEC in Australia - the quality is great, as they only do business-grade services and they can also offer simulated multi-channel trunks with 10 or 100 number indial ranges (in lots of 5, 10, 20 and 30 channels) as well as single-line services.

http://www.nexvoice.com.au

We found that switching on 'supports reinvites' and switching off 'PBX delivers audio' works best, as we had some issues with inbound audio when we transferred calls between handsets.

One other nice feature that they have is that they can auto-divert unanswered calls at the ISP if you ever experience a line outage or PBX hardware failure which gives you some useful redundancy for inbound calls.

11. asfuture

asfuture New Member

we are working in the Netherlands also with InternetCalls. this working also good.

12. acrumpton

I use

voiptalk
    orbtalk
    sipgate
    also TTNC.co.uk forwarded direct to PBX

in the UK

regards

Andy

13. yurab

I need to setup voipstreet (voip provider) number on 3cx, did any one succeeded in doing this? If so, please help me with setup instructions?

14. jetronic

Chinese VOIP provider, Keekey International
    http://www.keekey.com

Numbers and accounts work very well with 3cx.
    More VOIP applications with its service.

15. ktikoft

In Australia Engin works a treat and supports multiple concurrent calls for 1 service fee
    we have been using for 10 months

http://www.engin.com.au

16. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

Nexvortex works great, and they have great support.

17. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

VOXITAS / Netlogic

Voxitas (they host the Linksys One for CISCO) is a major U.S. player with a good distribution of local POPs and attractive small business rates.

Their installation support for 3CX was excellent (they had 3CX installed and walked me through the screens).
    Porting an 800 number took 2 weeks, a local number 3 weeks (which of course is controlled by your old provider).

3CX configuration was straight forward as a "generic trunk".

The only difficulties I encountered were 3CX bugs that are not specific to any provider:
    a) registration bug when STUN is disabled in the 3CX general settings.
    b) registration bug when the same authID happens to have been assigned by more than one or even the same provider (obviously, if your business name is unique, like "Anamera", you can guess what ID every provider will naturally set up!). Voxitas can work around this 3CX bug either by setting up unique UserIDs per line or by setting you up with IP-based authentication.
    c) various 3CX bugs in the Generic Trunk screens where information is not saved (easy to get around by going back in after creating the provider/link and then editing the unsaved fields)

18. coelhopsi

Vono (http://www.vono.net.br) in Brazil works very well. The configuration was made with a Generic VoIP Provider template and the only trick was to set the Outbound Proxy in the format of IP address instead of hostname, otherwise it wouldn't make calls. Apart from that, no other changes were needed.

19. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We are using DigiVoice (http://www.digivoice.com.ar) in Argentina configured as a Generic VOIP provider, with default configuration.

20. gpsjeff717

Currently, I am only using the 3CX VoIP Client to connect directly to VoIP service providers (not via PBX).

The 3CX Client is working good for me with the following VSP's:
    CallCentric
    Voip.ms
    Les.net

However, I cannot get 3CX client to work with InPhonex.
    When putting the question to InPhonex CS, their only response was: "did you configure it properly".
    That is typical of the CS I get from InPhonex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.