works in the background unless iPhone rebooted

Discussion in 'iOS' started by redtomato, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redtomato

Hey there,

Congrats for the SIP client, it must be the best free client ever !
    I've tested the software and it works well, even in the background. (I'm using my ISP provided SIP gateway)

Only there is something surprising : when the iPhone is rebooted (if the battery is dead for instance), I need to start the application manually in order to receive calls. Once 3CXPhone has restarted, I can receive calls, even in the background.

Why doesn't the application "start" during the iPhone boot process ?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

in iOS there is no "auto start".
    so we can not start the app for you and must be done by you.
    as simple as that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bchesler

I know this post is quite dated, but there is a way to get apps to boot on system start on IDevices. I have included a link below. Do you think this could be something that could be modified because it sure would be nice?

Values for the UIBackgroundModes array:
    voip: The app provides Voice-over-IP services. Apps with this key are automatically launched after system boot so that the app can reestablish VoIP services. Apps with this key are also allowed to play background audio.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW1

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

unfo the document tells me in the first lines: private API
    Once you send an app to the app store it must be free of private APIs and can only be used in enterprise applications...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.