Would This Set Up Work?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mindspit, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindspit

Hi,

I am a complete 1st timer to 3cx and I have done reading around but cannot find a definite answer to what I want to do.

What I want to do is the following:

Use 3cx installed on Server 2003, Use Cisco SPA504G Telephones.

The only bit I am unsure is what hardware I will need to interface the system to the telephone line. We have a good package from the ADSL provider that give me free calls so I do not wish to use SIP trunking as that would be extra cost. I have looked at PCI cards and USB that with link server to the phone line but I do not know what card will work and they all seem out of our price range at the moment.

I have seen the Linksys SPA3102, My question is would this device be able to link 3cx to the analog phone line to receive and make phone calls?

Many Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, the 3102 will allow you to bring one analogue telephone line (FXO port) into 3CX. It also gives you an interface (FXS port) for an analogue telephone, an additional 3CX extension. If you are expecting to add more than a couple of phone lines in the near future you might want to consider a four port FXO gateway, that route may be more economical. There are a number that have been used successfully with 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.