• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Wrap-Up Time

Melanie Brock

Reaction score
We would like the option for users to end wrap-up earlier and return to the queue sooner, than the universal wrap-up time (set within the queue) allows.

I have a customer who would like to set a long wrap-up time for a queue (5 minutes) as they normally have a lot of post-call notes to make, however occasionally they do not need the full five minutes to make the notes so would like to take themselves out of wrap-up earlier.

Currently they have to wait for the the full 5 minutes to pass, before they are placed back in the queue to take another call.

Upvote 50
I would also like this to be an option. Should be able to cut the wrap up time short if the customer is ready for the call earlier.

In other systems i've seen a "+10 second" wrap-up button. So they can add more wrap-up time themselves if they need more time to finish the call. Instead of setting a really long wrap-up time beforehand.

The only danger of this option is that call center agents can determine their own wrap-up time, forcing other agents to take the calls. A solution for this can be to show the total wrap-up time for an agent in the Call Reports.

I thought in days of old that logging out and back into the queue would cancel the wrap-up, but that does not appear to be the case. This should be an option. We had this button on another system 15+ years ago. There's only so much BLF real estate on phone models, so I think I'd like to see logging out/back in as a reset/cancel for the wrap up time.

Yes Please +1

standard feature on most systems

+1000 This functionality is paramount and absolutely necessary
Why hasn't this application been successful yet?

Yes, this would be helpful. Seems like either: 1) an end-wrap up or 2) allow *20*(queue) pickup . Really either one would be fine. Or maybe something in the webclient to pickup. Currently when you right click on a call there is only "drop", why not "pickup" also. Other options?

+1

1- Allow agent to end wrap-up time earlier
2- Allow agent to add some wrap-up time (in X seconds increments)
3- Supplement reports with wrap-up time stats per agent

Reactions: bbaker73
+1

1- Allow agent to end wrap-up time earlier
2- Allow agent to add some wrap-up time (in X seconds increments)
3- Supplement reports with wrap-up time stats per agent

I agree with all of these. #1 and 3 are most important to my clients. Clients often ask why a call is not answered when an agent available, and it's due to the wrap of timer we set for an average amount of needed time, but some agents are fast and clients feel these agents should be able to move on faster via a "cancel timer" button like we had on previous systems vs logging in and logging out.

On # 3, clients are always asking for reports on actual productivity. Amount of time in wrap up is a sore subject, as without knowing, it's hard to make needed adjustments. They feel the same way about tracking DND/abuse of DND which we can't currently report on. We can get around that by using queue in/out stats, but not all systems use queues, which negates that option.

#2 is not as important, as the agent could log out and without being able to track wrap up time, I see an opportunity for abuse if agents can add time to their own wrap ups.

There is an option in 3CX where you can configure the PBX to NOT log you out of a queue when you set your presence to DND. That keeps you in the queue, but doesn't send calls to you. Essentially this approach implements a user-controlled wrap-up period.

It is also possible using the 3CX Call Control API to capture when agents place their extension in DND and remove, so it would be possible to track productivity/abuse. Further, you can look at the number of calls taken and total talk time, etc. through various reports. That should give you a good idea of who is productive

We are releasing a new 3CX Wrap-Up Codes tool in the next few days. It will simplify the process of implementing the above ideas, plus enable you to record notes and "reason codes" (also called AUX codes or "wrap-up codes").

+1 This is required indeed...

There is an option in 3CX where you can configure the PBX to NOT log you out of a queue when you set your presence to DND. That keeps you in the queue, but doesn't send calls to you. Essentially this approach implements a user-controlled wrap-up period.

It is also possible using the 3CX Call Control API to capture when agents place their extension in DND and remove, so it would be possible to track productivity/abuse. Further, you can look at the number of calls taken and total talk time, etc. through various reports. That should give you a good idea of who is productive

We are releasing a new 3CX Wrap-Up Codes tool in the next few days. It will simplify the process of implementing the above ideas, plus enable you to record notes and "reason codes" (also called AUX codes or "wrap-up codes").
the 3cx option The pbx will still send calls to you if you use this option. does not work

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, +1
@voiptoys do you have any information about your tool?

You can get more information here: 3CX Wrap-up Codes. This is version 1 of our tool, so we are very open to suggestions on how we can make the product better.

call center needs +1

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.