• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Write to file

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavskii

Reaction score
Hello
I`m trying to create a survey, at the end of which results are written in new file with customers PIN in the name
But every time the call flow comes to "Write/Read file" component the call disconnects, without creating anything. There are more steps after the file is created as well, but the call drops before reaching them.
I attached what I have as a screenshot
Please say what I did wrong

Attachments

• write_to_file.jpg
    write_to_file.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 118
Hi @gustavskii,

The configuration looks good. Just check if you really need the "CreateNew" mode, because that will start the file from scratch for every call, removing anything that you might have written in previous calls.

In order to troubleshoot this issue, we will need the QueueManager logs. Please take a look at this article:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-troubleshooting/

Kind regards.

@edossantos
I need a separate file for each call
So is my way the right way to do it?
Is it possible to have a customer input in the name of the file?
check my naming is it going to work?

The file name as you're specifying it, will be always the same. If you want to use the value of variable "UserPIN" as part of the file name, then you need to use the CONCATENATE function. For example:
CONCATENATE("C:\\Users\\alexvoip\\Desktop\\TestIVR\\Survey\\output\\Surveyresultsfor_",callflow$.UserPIN,".txt")

But this will not cause that the callflow stops there. So there must be something else. Please check the QueueManager log to find out what it is.

Kind regards.

Also, please note that the path needs to be a valid path in the 3CX server. That path seems to be in a user's PC, please ensure that it exists in 3CX server, and also ensure that the LOCALSYSTEM account has write access to that folder, which probably doesn't....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.