Wrong Extension Entered gets sent to queue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bmcdevitt, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmcdevitt

One of our departments are saying they are getting calls for CS. I checked the server logs and it seems the callers are selecting the option to go to this queue. I believe what is happening is they are mis-typing an extension or typing one that no longer exists.

So for example, they call in and hear "You may dial an extension at any time". They punch in 245 instead of 250, 245 doesn't exist so it gets routed to option 2 which is not the department or person they wanted.

I can only think of 3 solutions for this which I would rather not do.

-Update everyone's extensions to be in the hundreds of what their department queue is, and I guess forward the old ext to the new one so customers don't notice a difference besides change of contact info.
    -Create 75+ fake extensions that forward to our CS department so if they put in one of these wrong extensions it sends them to CS.
    -Change our digital receptionist recording and make it so they have to choose an option before entering an extension.

All of these options suck. Is there anything I am missing? Is there no way to set it up so we can say "The extension you entered does not exist"?

2. Tempus.IT

What version of 3CX are you running?

On our server (version 12), we have an option for "Non-existent extension" at the bottom of the Digital Receptionist menu options list.

Attached Files:

3. bmcdevitt

I didn't see this :oops:
    I am on V12 SP6.1

I just tested now and it worked (It said something like this is not a valid extension), however last week when I tried this it went to our option 2 extension.

I'm going to try to replicate again today, thanks for the quick response.

I tried quickly just now with what happened last week. I removed an existing extension and than tried dialing it. It acts differently (repeats the prompt but does not say this is not a valid extension) than an extension that never existed but so far its not sending to our option 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.