Wrong IP in provisioning attachment in welcome emails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jettisoned, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jettisoned

Hello All,

Several months ago my company moved IP subnets and schemas and while everything works well on my 3CX server the welcome emails have never updated the IP information to current.

For clarification:
    My 3CX server sits on an internal IP of 172.16.16.20 however the provisioning attachment sent out to users still contains our old IP of 192.168.80.20

<ProvLink>http://192.168.80.20:5000/provisioning/XXXXXXXXXX/TcxProvFiles/3cxProv_XXXXXXXXXXXX_155.xml</ProvLink>
    <MyPhoneServerLocalAddr>http://192.168.80.20:5000

I've looked at every granular setting within the console and cannot come across any old records that could be updated. Does anyone here know where I might kill and modify this setting?

Cheers!
    Jett

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If I had gone over all of the settings and could not find the old IP, I would do a backup, open the zip file, and do a search for the old IP address. That should tell you where, in the the settings, it still resides.

3. jettisoned

The artifact will actually survive a restore to another test server. I can find the value all over in xml files throughout the backups but I'm still not sure how to use that to figure out where it's being generated within 3CX.

There is one xml file in the root of the backup and within that file are probably a hundred references to this old address but I'm not sure what to do with that information.

<Name>PHONEPROVTYPE</Name>
    </DNProperty>
    <DNProperty>
    <Type>String</Type>
    <Description>Pbx ip for 3CX Phone provisioning</Description>
    <Value>192.168.80.20</Value>
    <Name>PBXIP</Name>

<Name>RING_MY_MOBILE_CUST2</Name>
    </DNProperty>
    <DNProperty>
    <Type>String</Type>
    <Description>The path to provision file for the current extension</Description>
    <Value>http://192.168.80.20:5000/provisioning

<ProvisioningFilename>00156539143crfasdfa0.5sf</ProvisioningFilename>
    <TemplateFilename>yealink.ph.xml_Yealink T22</TemplateFilename>
    <Interface>192.168.80.20</Interface>

Thanks for the lead

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Which 3CX version are you using (there may be some differences) ? I will look over the settings this evening.

5. jettisoned

I'm running v12 and we're all up-to-date.

Thanks again for the help

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what I recall, there were several instances of the local IP in Advanced Settings/Custom Parameters, but will confirm.

7. jettisoned

The settings are never updated in the provisioning files once they are created. The fix is to manually remove the provisioning files for every extension in program data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\*variable*\TcxProvFiles....
    Then you must manually edit each of your hundreds of extensions. Even by entering the "Phone Provisioning" tab and clicking Apply or OK the file will be recreated with current information. It seems that if it's found to be present it will never update.
    *Painful* but here for the record in case anyone else ever faces an IP change and wishes to add another softphone to the mix.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had a look though a number of the settings and the IP shows up quite a few times. The section on Phone Provisioning is where 3CX picks up what to use in the Provisioning information. Obviously, from the info in your backup file, you have missed changing a few of these. Go though the sections adjacent to Advanced, then go through all of the tabs. It goes very quickly.

As mentioned, you will have to have 3CX re-create the provisioning files, or edit them manually, or the sets will pick up out of date information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.