Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wrong Outbound Rule for Forwarded Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluenetwork, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluenetwork

I have created an outbound rule for an extension. Because of billing purposes all external calls from this extension have to be routed to a dedicated VOIP provider. This works with normal outgoing calls.

When the call forwarding to an external number is activated on this extension the special outbound rule is ignored and the calls from the PBX to the external destination (eg. mobile phone) are routed over a default rule with lower priority.

Is there a chance to correct this in version 9 or is there a workaround available? We have more than one customer who uses dedicated VOIP provider accounts for some users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluenetwork

I have just found out that the special outbound rule for the extension is used if the rebound feature is activated. So it seems as if it is a bug that the rule is ignored otherwise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carolinainnovative

Rebound and forward are handled a little differently...

As I discovered rebound actually originates from a different extension - namely the "IVRForward" extension. That extension does not pay good attention to extension restrictions in 3cx outbound rules.

Forward most likely looks like the originating extension (not the one on which forward is applied) - so perhaps in this case, it looks like call originates from either the user who originated the call (if internal) or the virtual extension (voip provider, pstn device, etc) on which the call came in.

Someone from 3cx can probably correct me but this has been my experience so far...

4. matictec

matictec New Member

It wolud be nice if forwarding rules uses the outbound rules keeping the extension number. This was also usefull for the call reporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.