• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Wrong outgoing number, how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

migors

Customer
Reaction score
Hi friends. I use 3 sip trunks with 3 different phone numbers from one provider. When i make outgoing calls all of them use one phone number but i need so they call out from correct one. I spent days reading forums and playing with outgoing rules, no luck so far.
Two of these sip trunks are used for different divisions. One of these trunks is used for other company.

How can i correct this? What i noticed that moving up or dawn outgoing rules changed outgoing number for all phones. But that just change outgoing number and does not solve problem.
I plan to add few mobile sip trunks too so i need to fix this.
I have PRO license.
I cross checked many times all sip trunks has correct information filed in id and phone number fields

P.S. Why it is so difficult to add sip trunk and associate phone with it so it uses correct line? I could not believe it is so difficult. This should work out of box.

Hi friends. I use 3 sip trunks with 3 different phone numbers from one provider. When i make outgoing calls all of them use one phone number but i need so they call out from correct one. I spent days reading forums and playing with outgoing rules, no luck so far.
Two of these sip trunks are used for different divisions. One of these trunks is used for other company.

How can i correct this? What i noticed that moving up or dawn outgoing rules changed outgoing number for all phones. But that just change outgoing number and does not solve problem.
I plan to add few mobile sip trunks too so i need to fix this.
I have PRO license.
I cross checked many times all sip trunks has correct information filed in id and phone number fields

P.S. Why it is so difficult to add sip trunk and associate phone with it so it uses correct line? I could not believe it is so difficult. This should work out of box.
It is easy, just create a new outbound rule so that specific extensions dial out on specific trunks.
The other option is to change the SIP trunk Outbound Parameters:

3CX SIP Outgoing CLI Setup

For no outgoing CLI select the option

SIP Trunks – Talk Talk – Outbound Parameters – From: Display Name – Custom and put anonymous in the Custom Value column.

For extension DDI to be shown as the CLI select the option:

SIP Trunks – Talk Talk – Outbound Parameters – From: Display Name = “OutboundCallerId” taken from Extension settings in the management console in the field.

Make sure you enter the CLI under Extensions – Other – Outbound Caller ID.

For the SIP bearer number to be shown select the option:

SIP Trunks – Talk Talk – Outbound Parameters – From: Display Name = “AuthID”authentification.

Hello @migors

You can use prefixes or groups to select the outbound rule you want so that the call goes out the correct trunk and the correct number is displayed. More details on how to setup your outbound rules can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/sip-trunks/
Of course for this to work correctly the trunk must be setup correctly with the appropriate outbound parameters. If you are sending your number in a SIP field the provider does not read then you may have issues.

Hi Wendelspanswick thanks for help.

I tried all these settings and outgoing number does not change, i really don't know what to do.

I tried them before but just checked it again.
Make sure you enter the CLI under Extensions – Other – Outbound Caller ID.
The only place to set in extension Outbound Caller ID is in extension >general>user information.
I talked with provider and they checked everything is ok, so problem is in 3cx

Within the trunk you can set a caller id which is probably where you need it - so depending on what trunk takes the call, a different caller id is sent. If you have it set to take caller Id from the extension - it will always sed that caller id.

Also, the trunk needs to have outbound parameter From:User Part adjusted.

Thanks friends i tried everything and finally managed to get outgoing calls with right number. Just have one more problem one sip trunk outgoing calls to landlines works, but when i call to mobile phone it shows error code on phone 486 BUSY.

I searched forums and did not found any solution. I checked all settings are the same as other sip trunks where mobile outgoing calls works.

Really thanks, for help.

@migors
sip trunk outgoing calls to landlines works, but calls mobile phone "error code on phone 486 BUSY".

It might be issue from the SIP Trunk Provider. I know some SIP Trunk providers have restriction on calling mobile phone carriers.

If you receive the busy error from your provider the first thing you should do is contact them and see if they have any restrictions on the trunk.

Hi thanks @YiannisH_3CX
486 yes that was provider problem. They denied it but then magically it started to work :)

486 yes that was provider problem. They denied it but then magically it started to work :)
That happens sometimes :) Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.