• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Wrong time in voice mail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcasares

Customer
Reaction score
Hi!

We're seeing voice mail messages are wrongly time tagged. It seems it's using GMT instead of our time zone (Argentina Standard Time, GMT-3 without DST).

The date of a test was:
Date 05/12/2009 16:49:40

While it should have been:
Date 05/12/2009 13:49:40

Do someone happen to know why this is?
Should I ask the local reseller to open a support ticket?

Regards.

This is a known issue and there is a fix request in the feature requests forum.

Mmm... I looked through the feature requests forum and didn't find it. :/
In any case why a feature request if it's clearly a bug?

Time is displayed as GMT and not local time by design, hence it is not a bug, just a bad design choice. I think the feature request is for FAXing, I have a feature request for better formatted voicemail messages that are more clear as to the time and content.

Well, a REALLY bad design choice I would say. Not all people is a computer geek. If 3CX plan to attract more public to their products they should start thinking about such people already.

They can't possibly think of everything which is why there is a feature request forum for people to provide improvements.

I don't recall seeing this question/problem come up recently. What version 3CX are you using? I assume that the time on the PC is set to show the correct time in your zone?

Version 8.
The OS has the proper zone and time.

Could you post your Regional settings here please?

What GMT, timeformat, and country you have set in your regional settings please?

Time zone: (GMT-03:00) Buenos Aires
Time format: HH:mm:ss
Date format: dd/MM/yyyy
Date format (long): dddd, dd' de 'MMMM' de 'yyyy

I get this from the Event Viewer:
WARNING: could not find a match for Windows timezone "Argentina Standard Time"

But now I'm on worse problems with services like Assistant and WebServer crashing and the PhoneSystem service using high CPU for long periods of time (a reboot is the only fix). Running on Windows XP Professional over ESXi 4.0 and recently reinstalled the OS from scratch. Will have to contact the local reseller. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.