Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wrong Tone Inbound Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zman574, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman574

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. I have had everyone looking at my fax issue to see why I simply can not connect to my fax. I dont really know what to think. When I call my fax number from my cell phone the tone sounds like a fax machine trying to send not receive a fax. Two very different tones.

I would like to compare this fax sound with someone else that has a fax working on voip and 3cx, could someone please provide me with a fax number that is working so I can just call it and test it out by ear?

If you would like to listen to what my sounds like the number is 1-603-546-7132

Thanks

jim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zman574

if nothing else could someone post a working fax log so I could compare what is happening to mine compared to yours.

Thanks

jim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zman574

Also has anyone had any trouble with windows fax service sending the wrong tones or not working correctly. The system is installed on a windows 7 platform.

Jim

4. zman574

Unfortuantly after nearly 70 hours of working with this fax issue I have decided to go with a different fax set up using ringcentral. It was fairly easy and as long as you have their tech support (which is awful) change the sip port for the fax device to one you are not using with 3cx and then set up a static ip address for their device and forward the port that you set up to point to the device the fax can be set up with ease.

I would love to hear from someone that has a fax line working so I can copy the setting they have since both 3cx and 888voipstore were unable to accomplish getting the fax to work.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I tried it, and yes it's an interrupted tone, not the solid modem type/fax tone you would expect when calling in. I take it this is an analogue fax machine? Odd behaviour. Did it do this if plugged into a PSTN phone jack and called?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.