• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

x-lite and windows firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

spec

Reaction score
Hi
I am using x-lite on windows xp pro. I have 3CX running on a server which is also running windows xp pro. When I turn the firewall off on the server the x-lite connects with the pbx and works perfect. However when I turn the firewall on I get a registration error 408.

I have set the exceptions in windows firewall to allow x-lite and have also edited x-lite exceptions and change scope to allow

What ports did you open in the firewall?

Ports that need to be opened on the server: 5060, 7000-7500UDP and 9000. On the client: 7000-7500UDP.

Hi thanks for the reply

With the windows firewall you need to open 1 port at a time it will not accept dash

My honest suggestion would be to turn off the Windows firewall alltogether and use a "proper" one (i.e. in a router).

Thank for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.