• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

X-Lite dont support DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Hi Admin,

I tested X-lite. That software cannot support DTMF.
Would you confirm which software can use the DTMP viz 3CX?

Thank you

Ernest Tse

Very Surprised

After reading your comment I had to try it and it really doesn't work. Were you able to use DTMF before having 3CX installed as a PBX. For example, if you connect directly to the carrier can you use DTMF from X-Lite?

I remember I can use DTMF when I`m using G711 or G723. Both no problem.

But I cannot use DTMF in G729.
I think I cannot use DTMF when using telco account too.

But I can use G729 DTMF in eyeberm in telco account. 3CX still not test yet.

Any advice?

TKs!

DTMF works on X-Lite !

Please try the following:

Here are the instructions on accessing DTMF parameters and changing for SIP INFO DTMF:

Dial ***7469 (send)

Once you get the advanced options menu up, filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.

Then filter for 2833. Find the RTP 2833 enabled line, and change this value to 0.

of course these settings are just for X-Lite and EyeBeam.
Don't try with other softphones...

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually its G729 that doesnt support DTMF, but 3cx does not support G729 either so it should not be an issue.... Or at least there is no way to resolve that.

inbound DTMF

i am not that much involved in all the technical issues of all different codecs. So what i learned is that some codecs just understand inbound DTMF ans some others both or vice versa ?

Is there anywhere a list of features regarding all of those codec's features especially regarding DTMF capabilities ?

or a recommendation regarding which codec should be used or not ?

I mean, i never played around trying different codecs, i always used the defaults....

You can pretty much say that inband DTMF will only work with G711. Any other codec will just 'morph' the audio which will most likely cause the device on the receiving end to misinterpret it.

If you use any codec use outband DTMF (RFC 2833 or SIP INFO)

note: we do not support SIP INFO. I wanted to point out that you need outband DTMF when using any lossy codec. In the case of usage against the 3CX phonesystem one would need to set up his phone to use RFC 2833 type DTMF (when also using any non g711 codec).

3CXsupport said:
You can pretty much say that inband DTMF will only work with G711. Any other codec will just 'morph' the audio which will most likely cause the device on the receiving end to misinterpret it.

If you use any codec use outband DTMF (RFC 2833 or SIP INFO)

I am setting up 3CX and this subject interests me greatly, I have bought hardware from here http://www.cpscom.com/reboot.htm and it is remotely controled by DTMF signaling, it didn't work for me over VOIP connection until I found info on internet that GSM codec doesn't carry DTMF signaling and switching to iLBC made it work... (well, I just disabled GSM and the phone picked iLBC by itself and it worked then) Apparently it is all a matter of those codecs as you say and has nothing to do with particular hardware or software phones.

I have some questions here, like when you say G711 is the most reliable codec to carry DTMF, is that the same as G711u ? (In setting up 3CX phone system as per your manual, I was told to select G711u codec for PSTN line in SPA3102 gateway)

vanDivX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.