• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

X-Lite works, 3CX = no rtp

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianjg

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3CX (v10) installed on a server 2008 R2 machine (firewall disabled). All our desk phones work fine (spa9XX) and any machine running X-Lite (or even ekiga) are able to make/receive calls.

But any of our windows 7 machines which try to use the latest 3cx softphone all report no audio. The logs on the server who no RTP packets were received. I've tried disable all the client machine firewalls but it makes no difference. There is no NATing between the clients and the server. As I said pretty much any other softphone works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

brianjg said:
But any of our windows 7 machines which try to use the latest 3cx softphone all report no audio.

No audio in both directions, or just one direction? Which one?

no audio in either direction.

Just make sure you filled in your local IP address of the 3CX server in 3CX phone settings and you are using 'In the office' settings. No other reason for not working -- I suppose no special settings exist in your network (like multiple LANs, gateways, etc.).

Regards

Yeah the phones registers and rings (can make calls out, etc) but just no audio.

Nothing special on the LAN. small office with 5 desks.

brianjg said:
Yeah the phones registers and rings (can make calls out, etc) but just no audio.

Nothing special on the LAN. small office with 5 desks.

3CX phone has "debug" console. It should provide small piece of additional information...

I've enabled verbos logging but all I seem to see of relevance is no rtp packets being receive.

we can still working away for the time being so its not urgent. will let you know if I find anything.

brianjg said:
I've enabled verbos logging but all I seem to see of relevance is no rtp packets being receive.

we can still working away for the time being so its not urgent. will let you know if I find anything.
I'm talking about 3CX Phone. It has "debug window" which shows some additional information about phone initialization and call flow.

Hi

I am not sure if this is exactly relevant to your issue since you mention that X-Lite works and 3CXPhone doesn't (I am not sure if you have both X-Lite and 3CXPhone on the same Windows 7 computers when you tested) but I thought I'd mention:

I had the same issue recently when I upgraded from 32 to 64 bit Windows 7. The server activity log had the entries:
[MS105000] C:39.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=x.x.x.x:9028,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=y.y.y.y:7158
when testing from the 3CXPhone. Zoiper did the same.

I tested from a Yealink SIP-T22P and two way communication was fine.

Audio playback was fine for all other applications on my computer. The debug window noted a mic not detected - I didn't note the exact error but it was something along those lines. I was testing with a mobile phone dialling in so wasn't to worried about not having a mic and in the preferences section the microphone was listed as "Primary Sound Capture Driver".

Turns out my problem was the audio driver wasn't installed. Windows 7 installs an generic audio driver, so you will get audio playback for desktop applications but not soft phone calls. You get dial tone played back, DTMF tones and ringing but that's it. The call dials out and connects correctly but no two way audio.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.