• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

xml tags in templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwerkshop

Reaction score
A while back I asked for an xml tag that I could use in a template to make a time stamp in a provisioning file, or, produce a random number in a provisioning file.

- Has this been incorperated in version 9?

- Has the XML engine that process the templates been changed at all in version 9? If so, is there any documentation? Change log?

Cheers,
Edo

No we did not implement it in Version 9.
Why do you need this?

I need it to complete the Thomson / Speedtouch 2030 en TB30 provisioning template.

The template is done and works great, only problem is that the Thomson phones look for a unique config_sn (random number), if the number is the same since last update,no provisioning, if it has changed, provisioning starts.

Now I just manually change the value in the template before provisioning.

Is there documentation on the 3cx xml processor? Of simply a list of available tags?

Cheers,

Edo

those that are used in the default templates we ship in. We add only what the phones we support need. I know it is not flexible for your case and I understand but we are pressed for time at the moment.
Post it in the feature request section - and we will take it from there.

No worries, I completely agree to use only selected phones.

We are new to 3cx and are implementing it ourselves before we start reselling on http://www.voipshop.nl.

Its just that we have 50 thomson phones here and I don't want to replace them all.

To be sure, we are ONLY going to resell 3cx with Supported hardware so not with Thomson phones. (Although I am quite proud of the template I made .. Thomson does have a very good and very elaborate provisioning system aimed at large deployments... once you figure out how it works.)

If you ever get any questions concerning Thomson or speedtouch or Technicolor phones (all the same..) please don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers,
Edo

Thanks - I will keep it in mind.

I know they are good in provisioning. I read their doc once - very powerful mechanism.

Can you check whether it can check the file for the last modified date? maybe it has a timestamp of the last prov attempt. What I am saying is maybe it can compare the file name by date modified.

You can work around this. Create a script that will change the file names of all the templates in that folder scheduled every day for example - what do you think? Dirty solution yes but if I have time and I dont want to change the phones + i need this I will invest on this.

Or maybe it has an option to reforce provisioning every x seconds. Or sync changes?

Hi,

No, Thomsons is not willing to change.. and I know this from very very reliable source. The only method the use for deciding provisioning yes/no is by checking if the config_sn value in the config file has changed since last upload.

I have considered making a script that opens the file and inserts a new values for config_sn but at the moment it is enough to open the template within 3cx, change the value, save, close, and reprovision, we shouldn't be reprovisioning everyday anyway.

Cheers,
Edo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.