XP DEP problem during install

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhorv, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhorv

Hi,

I have read from previous posts about others who have had a similar problem but I couldn't seem to find a solution that works. My problem is that I can't install 3CX (either version 7.1 or 8 beta) because a windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) error always comes up. I get as far as selecting the program folder and then the error occurs. I have the following configuration:

XP Pro SP3 Hungarian
    IIS installed
    PHP 5.3

I read a post from 2 years ago about a problem with using a non-English OS. I tried changing the date, time format, and XP local settings to US but this didn't help. Reinstalling another version of XP would be a real pain at this point because I have a lot of important services running (mail server, etc.) which means a major overhaul.

I also read about IIS maybe causing the problem. I tried stopping it and then installing 3CX but this also didn't help. I tried downloading again the program in case it was corrupt but the error still persists. By the way, here is the MD5 hash of the versions I am now trying to install:

version 7.1: 64402F26FFD9887EB0CC3443A7D92D17
    version 8beta: 9260CDA55E0A65628527C7A3A08837A5

I am all out ideas. If anyone has one it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    John

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Install Cassini

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jhorv

Thanks for the quick reply.

Isn't Cassini installed with the 3CX package? If not, where can I get it? I didn't change any settings during the install (didn't get a chance to) so I assume that the 3CX install would have either installed it automatically or given me the option to do so.

John

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Cassini is installed by Default in Version 8 for XP. You dont have the option to install IIS anymore on XP.

What you can try and do is to Disable DEP for 3CX:

You can also Disable DEP if you want to through the BIOS is you have such capabilities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jhorv

Thanks for your quick reply. :)

I tried turning off DEP both for 3CX and Windows Installer but it still doesn't work. I still get the same error. I am running a lot of other services as well (hMailerserver, MySQL, OpenLDAP for example) however I don't see why these should interfere with the installation of 3CX. I can't seem to find any other reason except for maybe the fact that I am using a Hungarian version of XP.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.