Yeahlink T46S Phone Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greg@summitrad, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg@summitrad

We've deployed T46G phones almost exclusively. Those are apparently hard to find items now. We've purchased a batch of T46S phone to deploy. We provision using custom templates as we have many workgroups that need common phone configurations. (Which I thought there was supposed to be a COPY TO Function and a Bulk Edit function in V15, but I haven't found it yet).

I understand Provisioning is different now, no more physical persistent .cfg files by mac address. I also assume that the base cfg files (the per model ones, like 00000028.cfg or whatever for a T46G) no longer are used. The newer model phones do not have base config files like the older ones carried over from V14 and before do.

I am having a bear of a time getting the 46S phones to provision. The New-In-Box T46G's worked flawlessly. I made sure to make a new template from the newer T4X Yealink template which came with V15. I had removed the phone models we don't use form parts of the template. I then made sure I had settings in the T46S sections which matched the same provisioning instructions as the T46G. Again, works fine on the 46G, but not on the 46S. I've been going line by line looking for an out of place if statement, or a typo, or some other blocking error which would cause the template loading to fail. I can't find one so far. Doesn't mean it's not there, I just cannot find it.

I have disabled the certificate checking on the T46S phones as I found in the KB article. I put the phone's syslog out to a syslog server,. Whenever I attempt to provision, I get a 404 error right away, and also errors that the mac.cfg is not present. I downloaded the Yealink provisioning templates from their site, and even attempted to copy the mac.cfg and common.cfg to the provisioning directory. (If I use a browser and go the the provisioning directory and append the file (mac.cfg or common.cfg), they download fine. So I know the files are there. I'm assuming that isn't taken into consideration because of the NEW way 3CX provisions phone at the time of provisioning, and no longer persistently keeps the configs on disk.

I've even tried to use just the stock template that comes with V15. I get the same error on the phone.(We did not edit the stock template. It was copied to a new file and that was edited for our department templates.) I am running the version of firmware that is supported with V15 . We don't want to upgrade to Update 5 until we can make these work. There is also NOTHING in any of the 3CX logs detailing what the problem is. The only place I see anything is the syslog from the phone. (I have the phone's syslog facility dialed up to debug in order to get as much information as possible).

Any help or a pointers in the right direction of where to look would be helpful.

Greg Michael

2. jem1

If you are getting a 404 error from the phone, (which also would show in the NGINX logs if you have the access log on) the provisioning error is detailed in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3CXManagementConsole.log

I have to reference this log file anytime I do a template change and it is not working, it gives an idea on what is going on on why it cannot generate the config file. Depending on how many active devices you have, that management log file may rotate out very fast.

greg@summitrad likes this.
  3. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

My 46s provisions just fine. When they first came out the template that came with 3cx and the firmware the yealinks shipped with were incompatible due to a slight change in the line settings of the yealink, but even then it provisioned.

How are you attempting to provision the phones ? (Option 66, phones tab in 3cx, rps??)

Sounds like a network issue to me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. greg@summitrad

I have no idea why I couldn't find this log this time, I've used it extensively before. I think the issue was the idiot behind the keyboard (That would be ME!). Thank you for pointing this out, you're a lifesaver. Well, more like a hair-saver, as I've stopped pulling it out. Now I can see the error in the template. I don't know WHY it is erroring, but at least I know it's a format/code issue with the template. (It gives an ENDIF without an IF error at the end of a section for the T46S phone (BLF27). I've tried it with a single {ENDIF} and a Double one (like on the Stock template). So I am currently matching every if with an endif and I'll see what I come up with. It has to be my work that is the issue.

Thanks again.

Greg

5. jem1

Greg,

I had the same issue editing the Fanvil X4 template (no line keys 3CX??) to put in line keys and edit the BLF's to change them in according to the line keys and I was getting the IF without END if and I just tore out everything that wasn't X4 related and fixed it. I really wish we could have more control over what BLF's can do on supported phones via the 3CX Management Console instead of trudging through templates. The 2 line is kind of silly on T46 and T48 series.

I'm glad that the file helped, I had to figure out which file it was myself so I was opening anything and everything that looked like a log file until I found that one which detailed the error. In V14 and earlier the console tossed the error infront of you since it made the provisioning file right then which was a bit more helpful.

6. greg@summitrad

Is it me, or in Update 5, all of this information is missing now. I can't get this log to tell me anything much useful now. Have you looked to see if you can see the same into? each log is 2mb in size, won't get bigger (we get several hundred backup logs a day now). I have phone that won't provision now, and I have no tool to figure it out. Argh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.