YEALINK 28P, EHS36 and Jabra PRO wire headset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brentrichburg, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentrichburg

I am trying to get a Jabra headset to work with a Yealink EHS36 electronic hook switch and Yealink T28P phone. I can talk and hear, but the phone will not hang up or answer. I do hear a click in the EHS when I press the call end button on the headset, but the phone does not pick up or hangup.

I used the same EHS36 and phone to hook up a Plantronics CS55 and it worked great.

I am on firmware 2.60.0.80 which is the latest posted.
    Any suggestions?

2. Ricambi America

FWIW, I am about to throw my Jabra 9470 out the window. I have suffered with it for the past 6 months, connected to an Aastra 55i first, then a Cisco SPA525G. I am a heavy user, with 4-5 hours of talk time per business day.

The thing constantly reboots itself, the lifter speed is slow, the volume is mediocre. Worse, the "tri use" features of cell+softphone+deskphone are clumsy. I'm thinking about switching out phones so I can EHS with the Jabra and maybe save it from the garbage pail. As it stands, it was an outrageous waste of money.

(The only redeeming quality is the comfort. It is more enjoyable to wear than my old Plantronics CS50)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brentrichburg

Mine actually works well with my old Toshiba phone and GN Netcom lifter. However, the interaction of the 3 systems can sometimes be a little confusing. Mine has never restarted, but I did have to mute the notifications from the base because they were very annoying.

I also ordered the duo and really should have gotten the mono.

I still really would like to get it to work with the EHS36.

4. Ricambi America

Just as an update, it was pretty slow today in the office so I had some time to update the firmware on the Jabra 9470. I went from 1.xx.xx to 2.17.5.

It is a world of improvement in call control with the EHS36 adapter on a Yealink phone. I'll give it a full week of active use before I consider it back on my "A list", but for now, I wish I'd upgraded the firmware sooner!

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kmanson

I am trying to set up a Yealink T28 w/EHS36 and Jabra pro 9470. The lifting doesn't work and no audio. If i turn off the lifter function on the Jabra then i do get audio. Any Ideas?

T28 EXT Port-->EHS
    EHS--->AUX port Jabra
    EHS--->Blue Phone Port Jabra

Jabra settings
    Hook lifter type:DHSG
    Microphone Leve: 6
    Clear Dial-tone Switch: A

Yealink T28 2.61.0.80
    Jabra PRO 9470 3.8.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.