• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Yealink 46G not taking all provisioning file settings (old provision settings persist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garn

Customer
Reaction score
Just upgraded to 15.5 and updated firmware on a slew of Yealink 46G's, created custom provisioning file according to the guide and published videos, and along with firmware updates on the Yealinks, their mic gain settings have changed.

The phones will not take blank (default of 0) or specific settings from the provisioning file, after server resets, factory resets on the phones, doesn't matter, the phones will come back after provisioning with the specified settings from the old provisioning file!

Driving my users crazy as the high gain causes lots of feedback on paging. What can I do to resolve this?!

Go to the provisioning directory and see if there is a {mac}.cfg file. If there is, delete them. V15 makes the files on the fly now, and any files in the directory are from the old version.

Go to the provisioning directory and see if there is a {mac}.cfg file. If there is, delete them. V15 makes the files on the fly now, and any files in the directory are from the old version.

Hi,

I had run across that bit of info when I initially tried searching for this issue, so I had already deleted the y00....... and mac..... files that were leftover from the upgrade. Anything else you can think of?

That's the only thought I have, sorry.

Quick update, after some more server restarts and factory resets on phones, the old provisioning file "ghost" settings are gone, but the phones are not taking the new provisioning file settings and instead are the factory settings.

All other provisioning settings appear to be taking except for:

voice.headset_send
voice.handset_send
voice.handsfree_send

voice.echo_cancellation
voice.vad
voice.cng

ETA: Nevermind there are lots of settings that are not taking, for example audio codes. Ugh...

Last edited:
Okay figured it out.. I feel like this is mentioned in one of the older videos or guides on custom provisioning files, maybe for an earlier release like v14, but I've reviewed so many guides and videos at this point I can't recall.

When you use the copy button in the 3cx interface under Templates, all it does it create a file copy and post-pends the name you gave to the end of the original phone model under the <models> section/tag in the provisioning file. What you ALSO have to do manually is add replicate that model name down in the <filename> section/tag as well, otherwise it won't pick it up and apply to the model phone specified.

I may have missed that specific instruction somewhere along the way.

Reactions: jed
EDIT: Just determined the issue. I had one typo in the blf section of the custom template. When requested, 3cx threw an error when dynamically generating the cfg file, and the file was not created hence the 404 error.) I determined this by reviewing the 3cxManagementConsole.log.

Hi all, I am experiencing an issue that I can't seem to solve. I've followed the Guide on Custom Templates to the T. However, the provisioning file does not make its way to the Yealink T48. If I go to the Phones page, select the phone, and click the "Config+" button to see how the file will generate, I get a "Not Found(404)" error. Any thoughts??

upload_2017-7-25_16-35-1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.