Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink -- 486 Busy Here messages

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snowsam, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowsam

Hello,

We are about 15 days into our new phone system setup, using a Patton 4960 with a PRI and 3CX 10 and Yealink phones. So far, the transition has been quite positive.

At times, one of the alert emails that 3cx sends me is:
    This seems to happen when you call someone else and there is a standard busy signal on the other end pf the phone.

Instead of playing you the standard busy, you are shown the "486 Busy Here" message on your phone. Is this normal for 3cx/patton? Or is there something that can be configured to give a standard response to the user?

Thanks,
    Sam

Here is the debug from 3CX:

and here is the debug from the patton:

edit: title updated

2. willow

willow Member

Re: Patton 4960 PRI -- 486 Busy Here messages

This is probably how the phone is programmed to handle this message, I would suggest logging into the web portal of the phone and checking and seeing if there is a setting that can change this behavior.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snowsam

I don't think it is the phone, since I am getting the first "3CX Phone System Email Notification" email straight from 3CX. I think it is something about how the Patton and 3CX talk each other and deal with this busy condition.

Anyone else seen this?

4. Raf Wenger

I am experiencing the same problem, our Yealink T22 phones displaying a 'Busy Here' error message instead of playing a busy tune when calling a busy phone.
    3CX is emailing the error right away.
    I could not find anything on the Yealink web GUI to modify this behaviour.

We're using a VOIP provider, so no Patton gateway for us, but same problem.

Anyone?

5. snowsam

OK, I changed the posting title to reflect that we now think this is a yealink issue and not an issue coming from the Patton side.

Anyone have any more ideas?

We are using Yealink T22P, 26P, 28P phones with the most recent (Jun.23 2011) firmwares.

My biggest challenge in troubleshooting the problem is finding a phone number that I can call that will give me a busy signal every time!!

6. snowsam

I've gotten confirmation from 3CX support that the "486 busy here" messages are normal.

In order to no longer receive the alert email every time someone dials, go to the following path:
    3CX Phone System > Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters

Search for RESPONSE_ERROR_CODES and remove the 486 from the Value field.

I hope that helps other people!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.