• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink - Accessing another users voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

steady74

Reaction score
3CX v14 with Yealink T42 and T46 handsets

Basically what my customer requires is that anybody in the office can
a) see if there is a message waiting on extension 101 and
b) listen to it easily, preferably using the programmable keys.

All extensions have personal voicemail but the main office number goes to voicemail on extension 101 if unanswered, which anybody should be able to access.

I see that this has been raised several times as a feature request, but does anyone know a good workaround? Preferably on the handset and not using group email etc.

Thank you!

I think that the most "reasonable" work-around, for this, if you are using sets with a spare line key, is to have that extension appear on each phone. The problem may be in having the MWI work with more than one extension (key) per set.

The only other solution might be (and this would work if all users were in the same room) is to have extension 101 connected to an ATA which in turn is connected to a (large) MWI lamp, visible to all. they would still have to dial 999 (pause) # (pause) 101, to reach the voicemail.

VoIP sets normally don't allow pauses, or a change to DTMF signalling, on a speed-call key, so that, unfortunately, won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.