yealink - all phones beep each 10 minutes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dlazure, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlazure

Hi

We have a version 12 installed with around 30 phones. Each 10 minutes all the phones beep like they were refreshing or something.
    my customer is complaining about this. What can it be?

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Do they have any calling issues or audio issues?
    It almost sounds like the phones are re-registering maybe causing the beep? But if that is the cause i would venture to believe there is audio issues as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to know which models of the yealink and what firmware. Phones re-register all the time and I don't really recall ever hearing anything like a beep or other sound to signify the re-registration.

Do they all beep at the same time or does each seem to beep independently of the others, but at the reported 10 minute interval?

If an extension is off-hook (in use) does it still beep?

Many phones have an option whereby they may beep in the event that there is voice mail pending retrieval. This allows those who might be sight impaired to know that voice mails are pending review. It also tends to force folks to manage their Vmail.

There were some reports about certain Yealinks exhibiting a beeping issue that was reportedly addressed by firmware. However, these were not being reported at occurring on any set interval, but completely random and ma have gone days or weeks between episodes.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

What firmware you using? Are you seeing anything in the phone logs when the hadnsets beep?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. snowsam

As mentioned above, it sounds like the voicemail notification beep.

6. dlazure

some phone have no new message and the phones still beep.

how can i remove the beep from voicemail notification ?

i went into the phone settings and the field stutter and message is now set to 0 but i think it`s still doing the vm beep.

7. carolinainnovative

Yealink phones like to beep on missed calls and voicemail, and like their polycom brethren, might very well be repeating the notification from time to time.

I have confirmed that setting voice.tone.stutter = 0 in the template and re-provisioning the phone stops the stutter on a T46G.

Here's a link from a yealink forum discussing similar on a T22
    http://www.yealink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26

8. dlazure

i fixed the issue by changing the field tone.message to 0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.