• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink Auto firmware upgrade (of firmware not yet approved by 3CX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi all,

i thought I would share findings.

I required to upgrade my Yealink firmware to a version higher then what is approved/tested by 3CX (approve is 80.0.110 and I needed to go to v81.0.25).

After finding out that the upload firmware function via the 3CX web gui does not do what I thought, meaning you cant simply upload a new firmware and then select all phones of one model and do a mass upgrade, as 3CX does not allow you to upgrade higher to any other firmware they state (i guess it's for interoperbility reason).

So I found a way to do this automatedly. Here is how;

You need to add the lines below to the provisioning xml file (yealinkT4x.ph.xml). Around line # 897 just below the Open VPN section, add the lines shown below and customize to your liking (i only have T42's T46's and T48's in my setup).

Code:
#######################################################################################
##            Firmware                                                               ##                                           
#######################################################################################

{IF ua=SIP-T42G}
firmware.url = %%PROVLINK%%/firmware/yealink/T42-29.81.0.25.rom
{ENDIF}
{IF ua=SIP-T46G}
firmware.url = %%PROVLINK%%/firmware/yealink/T46-28.81.0.25.rom
{ENDIF}
{IF ua=SIP-T48G}
firmware.url = %%PROVLINK%%/firmware/yealink/T48-35.81.0.25.rom
{ENDIF}

You may need to delete your y0000000000xx.cfg file first.

What this does is that once you force a phone to reprovision (a T42, T46 or T48 model in my case), if the "y" config file does not exist, it will recreate it and add the firmware URL link in the file. When the phone reboots, it will look at the firmware file stated, if the firmware is older, it will automatically upgrade the firmware and reboot the phone.

Note: At the time of this writting, there seems to be an issue that you loose the line key labels. I have a ticket opened with yealink to fix this issue and will report the fix here once I have it, which should be sometime today.

Hope this helps.

Is there any downgrade solution too? Or did you have a fix for the unlabeled Line keys in FW81 ?

Hi all,

i thought I would share findings.

I required to upgrade my Yealink firmware to a version higher then what is approved/tested by 3CX (approve is 80.0.110 and I needed to go to v81.0.25).

OP - What was your requirement?

3CX - When can we expect v81 validation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.