Yealink BLF remote

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lneblett, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have a scenario where I have a t22 Yealink that works just fine as a remote extension. I can register, make and receive both internal and external calls without the need of the sip proxy manager.the one thing that does not work is the BLF function (manually provisioned). However, if I use the proxy manager, the phone's BLF functionality starts working immediately. The only Phone programmatic change is the ip address for the sip server and outbound proxy and it's port 5080. I believe all the blf is a part of the sip messaging, so am somewhat at a loss to understand how the proxy allows this functionality when the proxy is not needed to setup and make/receive calls.

Any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
    Larry

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have a T38 working with BLF's properly for SP and for BLF functionality.

Since the T22 doesn't have BLF's - what function or button are you programming?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

I am using the account keys, which can alternatively be used for blf. As indicated, when using the tunnel, they work fine.

4. craigreilly

I will try them on my t22 tomorrow and if it works will remove account password and ip and export the config to you.

By the way - what are you using for stun?
    The auto config uses my server ip and port 5060.
    But I think the blog shows stun.3cx.com on a different port.

Both seems to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

Not using STUN as the IPs are fixed. I may try that tonight when client is not active. I may also do a Wireshark when I am at the site later this week. I was (still?) of the opinion that the BLF functionality is contained within the SIP messaging and uses Subscribe and Notify to deliver status. Because the phone registers and is call capable, I have to believe the SIP messaging is getting through and I presume that there is nothing that should have altered the messaging in such a manner so as to eliminate just the BLF aspect.

I also tried with a Yealink V2009P with same results as T22. It is not a huge deal to use the tunnel. The remote client is the one who wants to have the service but preferably not at the expense of leaving his machine on just to be able to make calls.

I, on the other hand, am pursuing it more from a learning aspect so that I can understand it better, fix his issue, and then know more about how to apply it going forward.

6. craigreilly

T22 config
    running firmware 7.61.23.11 which was just released

Attached Files:

7. lneblett

Craig -

Sent you a PM.

Larrty

8. craigreilly

thanks for letting me know - I seem not to be getting notifications.
    i replied...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.