Yealink: Broadcast to all phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Does anyone know what custom feature code can be used to allow someone to speak to all phones at once?

We used to (on our old system) have a feature where you could type #666 and then speak. The audio would come out immediately over the speakers of all the handsets. This was very useful for things like "Can the driver of the black car please move it" or "Can so and so come to reception".

Can this be done with a feature code in yealinks?

Olly

2. rbc94

the easiest way is to setup a page group under ring groups in the console. then assign the phones you want to the page group and the user will just dial the extension of the page group and speak.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If you have a lot of phones - this is not a good idea. It will take a long time to connect to all of the phones.
    65 phones took me over 10 seconds to setup a Paging Group this way every time a page happened.
    Yealink has told me that their firmware release in Q1 2013 will include a MultiCast listener. The current firmware has an option for a Multicast button.
    I have been testing this for a few months for them and it seems to be working great.

So, then in 3cx, you can create a Paging Group using a Multicast Address instead, or program a phone button to do a direct multicast, leaving 3cx out of the equation.

This might be in the 2x phones - but not the 3x yet...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

3CX Blog on setting Yealink Multicast ...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/yealink-multicast-paging/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.