Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink CP860 Conference Phone Template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Since it hasn't been added yet to 3CX figured i would post my template if anyone would like it.
    Place the y000000000037-CP860.cfg in your C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\%%RANDOMFOLDER%%
    Place the yealinkCP860-Custom.ph.xml in your C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

If anyone finds anything wrong in it let me know so i can update!

We have really been enjoying the phone. Much easier setup then a Ploycom!

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Hey tsukraw,
    Haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. Mind letting me know where you tracked one down? PM is fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. seetarc

Worked great

4. anybody

So how is the audio quality of the CP860?

Cannot find any reviews or comments on this new phone. Is there someone here who also is familiar with one of those:
    - Polycom IP 6000
    - Polycom IP 7000
    - Konftel 300IP

and can comment on how the CP860 sounds compared to those?

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I've used the the IP 6000 and Snom MeetingPoint.
    Audio quality is comparable to those two units. Conference calling is much easier on the Yealink.
    Physical quality the Yealink is a bit cheaper made. The buttons are not as firm feeling as the polycom or snom but that is kind of expected when the price is lower.

The Yealink is MUCH easier to configure compared to a Polycom.
    It is running the same software as the normal Yealink desk phone. So the options you have there you have on the conference phone.

6. kbrv

That works brilliantly..many thanks..:)

7. PhatPanda

On version 14, I get the attached error (PhoneSystemException:Unknown variable) when trying to assign the CP860 to an extension using the templates provided on this thread. With IIS as the webserver, any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. PhatPanda

I went through and found the problem areas, here is an updated XML file that works for me.

Attached Files:

9. keyspace

i am running v14 and i cant get them on the list?

10. keyspace

I am very new to 3cx, can some one explain to me how to get this template to work? I just bought a CP860 and running 3cx v14

11. PhatPanda

For the non cloud version, you put the template in the following path:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\(your unique provisioning code)\CustomTemplates\phones

Then you may need to restart all services, and the template will show up for you.

12. keyspace

oh thank you that is what i was doing wrong Instance1!!!

Thank you :)

13. mx1

mx1

Hello All.

I did copy both the CFG and template files where indicated in the thread, but the CP860 still does not appear in the list of phone models in the phone provisioning page.

Any idea, what I am doing wrong. I do use V14 SP2 and I did restart the services

Thanks in advance

14. mx1

mx1

Hello All,

Still trying to figure out how to make the Yealink CP 860 show up on the list of phone template available. Would anyone know how this list is populated. Is it simply by parsing one of 3CX directories, by looking for specific file names?

the previous messages in this thread make it sound very simple and it would seem that simply dropping the config file "y000000000037-CP860.cfg" in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\Instance Serial#\ and the phone template "yealinkCP860-Custom.ph.xml" in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\instance Serial#\CustomTemplates\phones should do the trick after restarting all services. But it does not seem to work form me.

Is there something I am missing? Would someone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

MX1

15. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Although this should not be needed, after copying the template into the folder you mentioned, try stopping the WebServer completely, go to folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\WebSitesTemp\ and delete all of its contents (not the folder itself), then restart the WebServer.
    If any files are locked and you are not allowed to delete them, try restarting the server.

16. escobar

Hi, I work with 3CX in Brazil and was not sucessful with archive provisioning a Yealink CP860, but I used the provisioning VP350 and I will sucessful in provisioning.

17. jvivona

if you want a custom logo for the CP860, you'll need to create a DOB file in 192 x 64 pixels. For dob format help use http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/ ... 946725.zip

then change the template, find this line:

#Configure the logo mode of the LCD screen; 0-Disabled (default), 1-System logo, 2-Custom logo;
    phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode = 0

and replace with (assumes you have called your file yealinkcp860.dob

#Configure the logo mode of the LCD screen; 0-Disabled (default), 1-System logo, 2-Custom logo;
    phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode = 2
    phone_setting.backgrounds = Config:yealinkcp860.dob
    lcd_logo.url = %%PROVLINK%%/logo/yealinkcp860.dob

If you already have T21/T22 logo files - they work just fine on the CP860.

18. jvivona

One other thing as well - if you want the phone to show as "provisioned" in the web interface, you need to change the model list at the top. The CP860 does not send SIP-CP860 as the identifier, it only sends CP860 now...

At the top change
    <models>
    <model ua="SIP-CP860">Yealink CP860-Custom</model>
    </models>

to be
    <models>
    <model ua="CP860">Yealink CP860-Custom</model>
    </models>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.