Solved Yealink CP860 dropped call issue since 15.5 SP1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techvana, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techvana

I have this very reproducible behavior going on. I'm on the latest version of 3CX with the latest supported firmware on multiple Yealink CP860 phones in STUN mode. I'm using the default template as well for the CP860.

After approximately 15 minutes and 30 seconds on a call, it drops. We haven't changed any network settings on our end. However, we did upgrade the 3CX from version 15.5 and using the new template that is included with 15.5 SP1.

This behavior doesn't occur on the exact some network with a dozen T42S phones.

Here's what Flowroute is saying:

Looking at your call examples, it appears that during the initial invite, the user agent server is specified as the refresher with a session timeout of 1800 seconds. This means a refresh is due from our side at 15 minutes.

We send this refresh as a RE-INVITE 15 minutes into the call and it hits you at 1:06:58; your PBX responds with a 100 Trying, however it does not confirm the RE-INVITE by responding with a 200 OK. After 30 seconds of waiting, we give up and end the call, as we cannot confirm that the call is still live (the purpose of the session timer). A cancel is issued to your PBX, which your PBX does actually confirm immediately with a 200 OK, followed by a very out of place BYE, as if your PBX is trying to end a call that has already been cancelled by the remote end.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Techvana,

The CP860 STUN connection support was only released in BETA of update 1 15.5, with the release of the CP960 template:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/phone-system-change-log/

Is this BETA version of the one which worked without issue previously?
    If yes I would compare templates and see if there are settings changes. If not please provide details on how you had this setup when working.

Please re-confirm the timescale the drop occurs: 1800 seconds in minutes = 30 mins, I have looked at a new template and cannot see any values stated anywhere that match,but can see some session timer settings, although set to"0":

#Enable or disable the session timer, 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
    account.1.session_timer.enable = 0

#Configure the refresh session timer interval (in seconds). It ranges from 1 to 9999.
    account.1.session_timer.expires =

#Configure the session timer refresher; 0-Uac (default), 1-Uas;
    account.1.session_timer.refresher = 0

Since you have supported phones, firmware and template I would raise this with 3CX support also (Verbose support info file and Wireshark trace). If you can capture the issue in Verbose mode we should be able to see either in the PCAP or Support info file the cause of the issue.

How many phones do you have using remote STUN on this site ?

3. techvana

I've confirmed that it is the template released with 15.5 SP1 that causes this behavior. If I use the old template that I was using even with v14, it works fine. Since it doesn't include STUN support, I configure that in the UI of the phone like it gets configured with the new template.

Here is the template that works. I have opened a support case with my distributor as well.

Attached Files:

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Techvana,

I am not 100% convinced it is the registration timer due to a mis-match in settings and timeframe you are getting the call drop.
    To confirm I would login to your CP860 and check the provisioned settings under:
    Account >> Advanced.

Remember once provisioned the login page password is "admin" & whatever you have for that extension under:
    Extension >> Provisioning >> Phone Web Page Password

There are settings here for:

Session Timer - which is disabled
    SIP Registration Retry Timer(0~1800s) - set to 30.

I took my settings from a T42G as I do not have a CP860 to hand but worth a check. Did you send a PCAP and Verbose logging to your distributor? I would be keen to hear the result.

5. techvana

Here are some settings from the working template. They match the template that is having the problem. It's like there is something about the STUN profile on the new template that causes the issue.

Keep Alive Interval(Seconds) - 30
    Session Timer - Disabled
    Session Expires(30~7200s) - 1800
    SIP Registration Retry Timer(0~1800s) - 30

6. techvana

This issue was resolved by the latest template that Yealink just released. It occurred on when using Flowroute as a SIP trunk ,but not nexVortex.

7. Ronan

Hi,

I have this exact issue. Calls outbound from any of the 3 CP860's drop after 15 minutes and 30 seconds. Running 3CX 15.5.0.

@techvana, when you say you used the latest templates, did you download them from 3CX itself via the UI or manually download and place them in the template folder in c:\programdata\3cx...

Thanks.

8. brian-le

I am having the same issue too. I've opened a ticket.

In my case, external calls drop audio at 15 minutes and call ends after additional 30 seconds. Internal calls work. I'm on current firmware and template as issued through web console updates. This affects all CP860s in different sites and not our T46G/S. I have 2 trunk providers and both are affected.

Tried rolling back to previous firmware without success.

9. techvana

It was the latest configuration file that recently become available. The version on the 5th line of configuration template is <version>68852</version>. I was able to download it from the updates section of the UI and then reprovision the CP860.

10. Ronan

I've also logged this with 3CX and am currently awaiting their response.

11. rvoosterhout

Same Issue here. I'm not using Stun, but in office, provisioned using FQDN. I'm running 15.5, using provisioning template version 68852. I tried creating a new template, where i changed the 900 timeout settings to their highest vallue, but no effect.
    account.1.subscribe_mwi_expires = 900 (changed to 84600)
    account.1.blf.subscribe_period = 900 (changed to 1800)

I'm going to try the template version 65715 provided by @techvana. I'll post my results here.

EDIT: No effect

EDIT: Changed the subribe period in the phone UI from 900s to 84600s, not effect.

#11 rvoosterhout, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  12. Ronan

Anyone had any feedback from 3CX as of yet? I'm still waiting on them to give me some decent info... + a fix to an issue caused by their update.

13. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

the issue is within the firmware on 860 yealinks. It does not support re-invites within calls when also uaCSTA is enabled. In case you have a provider which updates call statuses with "session timers" then the call will terminate at this moment.

So the issue is driven from the "outside" to the device (note, I must clearly state that it is not an provider issue!) once the provider has implemented session timer. We have worked around the issue for the moment and a template update is available in v155 which temp disabled uaCSTA and we await a new firmware from YL. Once completed you can drive the phone again from a web client.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Ronan

Thanks Stefan. I've downloaded this via the 3CX UI - it's not highlighting the con-phones in red to update. Is this correct? Is it just a matter of downloading it and it works?

#14 Ronan, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  15. Ronan

I can confirm that this update hasn't resolved the issue. I've placed a test call there again and it dropped after 15 minutes. This was after applying the update.

#15 Ronan, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  16. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

it is comment to understand a template update!

1)
    in 2h Intervalls the 3CX checks in the background for updates and then highlights them to be updated. A force to check now is going to the update page directly.

2)
    after downloading the template you
    a) wait up to 24h and the phone will download its new config from the server by it self
    b) force an update by going to the phone page, select the device and press the "re-provision" button. Device may reboots to apply config change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Ronan

Re-provisioning the phones solved it. Cheers.

18. rvoosterhout

I can also confirm that this template is working!!

19. brian-le

Works for me after updating to template version 68853 and re-provisioning the phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.