• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink CP960 CTI mode supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Cross

Reaction score
Client just purchased this phone model and it does a make call when using the 3cx software in CTI mode. You mean to tell me CTI mode is not supported on a brand new Yealink phone? 3cx lists it as a supported phone...

When trying to dial using the software that is connected to a computer and TV in the conference room you have to accept the call you just made on the phone so it will dial out. How do I remotely control the phone via the 3cx software like all other Yealink phones?

Last edited:
Hello @Brian Cross

You will need to use the Web Client to remote control this device as it CTI is not supported through the 3CX client. However when i initiate a Make Call from the 3CX client for windows the phone auto answers the call and there is no need to press anything on the device.

I don't want a "Make Call" that functionality sucks, my clients hate it. The web client also sucks. I can't say I'm real thrilled in the direction 3cx is going... So basically this phone isn't supported because it behaves exactly the same way other non-supported phones behave.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve that you cannot through Make call or the web client. Perhaps we can assist you in achieving the desired functionality. Also elaborate what you do not like in the web client so we perhaps improve on it.
Honestly we did not have any requests to add CTI for conference phones before because CTI is usually is intended for IP phones users have on their desks and interact with on a frequent basis.
You can also put in a feature request in our ideas section of the forum so it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve that you cannot through Make call or the web client. Perhaps we can assist you in achieving the desired functionality. Also elaborate what you do not like in the web client so we perhaps improve on it.
Honestly we did not have any requests to add CTI for conference phones before because CTI is usually is intended for IP phones users have on their desks and interact with on a frequent basis.
You can also put in a feature request in our ideas section of the forum so it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

We have a computer connected to big screen in the conference room (not uncommon) we want to add the 3cx software to the computer as there is a web camera attached to the PC (web meeting). It would of been nice to be able to add the conference phone and users can create a conference off this extension using the 3cx windows software (since they have the same software at their desk).

When you dial a number in the 3cx software it does a make call to the phone which you have to press accept on the phone before the call is dialed. Not a dial strategy I'm familiar with. Nor can I see how this is a supported phone behaving like this?

I always thought the web client was an additional add on and never figure 3cx's master vision would be to replace the Windows software with this web client. The windows software is typically how I sell the PBX. When clients see a demo of it; it sells itself. The web client doesn't have all of the features the windows client has and trying to replace it at this point would be a bad move in my opinion. You are going to have clients that won't upgrade due to the fact they do not like the web client and that is going to make selling license renewals very difficult.

Web client doesn't have BLF programmable keys, no drag and drop switchboard. Clients do not like that they have to use the browser they rather have a separate windows program, and I feel the same way. The web client doesn't work for how I use my computer.

You always state put it a feature request; I have many times, but how about you stop making a PBX that you think is good and make one that your customers want. In my opinion 15.5 SP2 was a step forward and three steps backwards.

Brian try provisioning the phone as a T42 or T46 yealink and see if that allows it to work.

Brian try provisioning the phone as a T42 or T46 yealink and see if that allows it to work.
Centrex I will try that next week after the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks.

When you dial a number in the 3cx software it does a make call to the phone which you have to press accept on the phone before the call is dialed.

the one i have at my desk does not behave the same. The phone does receive a Make Call request but auto answers and the call is initiated imminently without any user input on the device. The only difference with CTI is that the caller hears music on hold until the call is answered. I am wondering why yours doesn't behave like that. What firmware are you using? Are you on the default template? Is the phone provisioned as local or remote?

Nor can I see how this is a supported phone behaving like this?

The fact that the phone is supported for local and remote provisioning through PnP, the fact that you can re-provision the phone through the management console and upgrade the firmware, the fact that there are customisation option in the management console for this phone and the fact that new firmware and templates are provided makes this a supported device. I understand your point of view, but please note that this phone not supported for CTI is not specific to this phone. No conference phone was ever supported for CTI as far as i am aware because there was never any request.

I always thought the web client was an additional add on and never figure 3cx's master vision would be to replace the Windows software with this web client. The windows software is typically how I sell the PBX. When clients see a demo of it; it sells itself. The web client doesn't have all of the features the windows client has and trying to replace it at this point would be a bad move in my opinion. You are going to have clients that won't upgrade due to the fact they do not like the web client and that is going to make selling license renewals very difficult.

I do not see how my suggestion to use the web client for this particular phone suggests that the 3CX client for windows will be replaced. Since the specific device supports uaCSTA i suggested that you can control the device using the web client as an alternative.

You always state put it a feature request; I have many times, but how about you stop making a PBX that you think is good and make one that your customers want. In my opinion 15.5 SP2 was a step forward and three steps backwards.

I am sorry you feel this way especially since SP2 brings so much more to the table. Hotdesking, QR provisioning, server based CRM integration, Debian 9 and much more are added with this update. I am aware that not every change is to everyone's liking but saying that SP2 is one step forward and three steps backward is unfair to say the least especially for a product that as you said "it sells itself".

the one i have at my desk does not behave the same. The phone does receive a Make Call request but auto answers and the call is initiated imminently without any user input on the device. The only difference with CTI is that the caller hears music on hold until the call is answered. I am wondering why yours doesn't behave like that. What firmware are you using? Are you on the default template? Is the phone provisioned as local or remote?

On firmware version 73.80.0.15 which shows current, using the most up to date default template... Provisioned as a local phone.

The fact that the phone is supported for local and remote provisioning through PnP, the fact that you can re-provision the phone through the management console and upgrade the firmware, the fact that there are customisation option in the management console for this phone and the fact that new firmware and templates are provided makes this a supported device. I understand your point of view, but please note that this phone not supported for CTI is not specific to this phone. No conference phone was ever supported for CTI as far as i am aware because there was never any request.

Where is any of this information documented? I guess I'm the only one in the world that has a computer in a conference room with a conference phone? There is a computer in this conference room to use web meeting. Supported in my world means fully supported meaning ALL FEATURES..

I do not see how my suggestion to use the web client for this particular phone suggests that the 3CX client for windows will be replaced. Since the specific device supports uaCSTA i suggested that you can control the device using the web client as an alternative.

I'll try and find the thread where it was talked about 3cx's plan to remove the Windows app. Or at least that is what users are assuming will happen with the forced push to use the web client in SP2. And seems to be a way to support multiple platforms. But the web client will never be what the Windows client is. I don't see people liking this option if it were to happen myself included.

I am sorry you feel this way especially since SP2 brings so much more to the table. Hotdesking, QR provisioning, server based CRM integration, Debian 9 and much more are added with this update. I am aware that not every change is to everyone's liking but saying that SP2 is one step forward and three steps backward is unfair to say the least especially for a product that as you said "it sells itself".

Those are nice features, but at the cost of taking out call conferencing? None of those features any of my current clients care about. It sells itself until you remove what allowed me to originally sell it... I've said it before and I'll say it again..

Perhaps you should ask the people who sell/deploy your software to actual clients before just doing as you wish.

Reactions: smartek
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.