Yealink CSTA support

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 3CXusername, Oct 31, 2016.

Yealink CSTA support 5 5 10votes
5/5, 10 votes

1. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

With the release of Yealink Firmware v81. CSTA Control is now supported.

Been running up against some CTI issues over the years and hoping 3CX will implement as CTI alternative in "3CXPhone for Windows".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are working on this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear it.

4. tvdir

CSTA is now working fine from the WebClient, but will it also be implemented in the 3CX Client for Windows?
    We mostly use the Windows client because of the CRM integration.

5. Silly English Kniggit

It's implemented in 3CXPhone as a client (being controlled from webclient) which clients love for specific use causes, though the ability to use command line .exe or call this natively via a published API would be even better.

#5 Silly English Kniggit, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have no plans to add it to the windows client. But in Update 2 - the web client has full CRM integration....

7. Silly English Kniggit

We see the web client as an alternative to, but not replacement for, 3CXPhone Windows. The web client, while it works nicely when you're logged in has a number of issues around deployment and user training. Plus if you're a laptop user, you don't want to stop using 3CXPhone just because you want CTI instead of soft phone for a period of time. I use both modes frequently, and I can never remember my web client login - whereas 3CXPhone just works. That's what users need.

I hear the 3CXPhone Windows is now to be considered legacy. Please don't do this as there is still very much a place for this product, and indeed it could use some improvements to get level with the competition (SfB etc).

If you want to make the web client the primary client, then I think to following issues need to be addressed:
    - It needs to be able to be set up automatically via login script etc. Phones need to just work - that's the user expectation.
    - It must supersede 3CXPhone in terms of reliability and features - including rock solid audio handling that can be configured by a login script (as 3CXPhone can)
    - it needs to scale in terms of deployment and configuration. That means auto configuration by login script etc so the user doesn't need to login.

tvdir likes this.