Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink DECT W56P Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by beaverweb, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaverweb

I read a lot in the posts under similar topics but got only more confused.
    This is my first install and understand that I need to have the extensions setup first and then add the DECT system. We have only 3 handsets so I created the 3 ext. They show up under extensions and the DECT shows up under Phones with the wrong Model (W52P instead of W56P). The only thing I can do when this line is selected is Reject, Phone UI, and Password (latter shows only the other passwords.
    The first time around I clicked Reject and had to reset the base station and go into the UI to check mark the auto-provisioning flag.
    However, everything else is unclear in the UI. How do I know what the values supposed to be when the 3CX system does not provide them?
    Many documentation descriptions assume everything is going well. I couldn't find any useful troubleshooting guides. Is this intentional or just falling through the cracks of fast development cycles?
    The issue is still the same: How do I get the W56P base or W56H handsets recognized in the Phones node?
    Any help available, please?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @beaverweb

Please note that these phones must be configured under the FXS/DECT section. Click on add FXS/DECT choose yealink and the appropriate phone model. Also fill in the mac address of the device and click ok. Then go the extensions tab and choose the extensions you want. Once you are done copy the provisioning link and click ok.
    Navigate to the phones web interface and paste the provisioning link into server url under settings / auto provision.
    Please see the guide for more details
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-yealink-dect/

beaverweb likes this.
  3. beaverweb

Thank you, it worked.
    Remaining question, what do I do with the NEW line in the Phones tab in the Manager? Do I just leave it there or should I Reject it?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can just reject that since the phone is now provisioned. The phones always send PnP after a restart when they are in factory reset state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.