Yealink Display when dialing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Craddy, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craddy

Hi all,

We have been using the 3CX system now since April and it has been great! however there is a feature that the users have asked for and I cant see a way to do it so I was wondering if anyone could help on the following:

When dialing on the Yealink phone to an internal extension we would like the phone to display the extension name rather than number, like it does when we get an incoming call.

I have had a search on the forum but could not find anything and any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe, that to do that, if the phone is capable, would require that the name, and number, reside in the phones internal directory, in the same manner as a mobile phone.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As leejor said, if the number of the extension you are dialing is in the Phonebook (Local or 3CX phonebook) it should show up on the screen before pressing the 'dial' button.
    This is of course assuming that the phone settings have not been changed from those retrieved during the provisioning procedure with the default template.
    If you have done this also try rebooting the phone as it may have not retrieved all the new phonebook entries from the Phone System.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.