• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink EXP40 DSS keys clearing on power loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasiki

Reaction score
I had to unplug my PoE switch yesterday to re-route some cabling. Our receptionist said her DSS keys on her Yealink EXP40 were gone. The DSS keys were added from the physical attachment, not the phone webpage or 3CX admin panel. She has a Yealink T46G and we're using 3CX v12.5.

Any ideas?

When power was restored this likely caused the phone to re-provision. You can look at the phone web interface and check to see if the provisioning path is set and when it is set to update. Most of the time it will be upon power-up.

If you manually provisioned the expansion module, then 3CX does not have a configuration for same and when it rebooted, and assuming that the provisioning path is present, then the phone reloaded the configuration as 3CX knows it to be. This wiped out the EXP 40.

You need to either turn provisioning off in the phone or provision the keys via 3CX; the latter possibly being the more prudent.....but perhaps not able to take full advantage of labeling.

Yep. Auto provision was set for Power On. Thank you! A 3CX reseller 'tweaked' the system before we went live. Looks like I should dig through the provisioning template and see what else has been changed from default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.