Yealink Firmware Unsupported, Fax Blocked From WAN & Failed Downloads

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter Richardson, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

Hi all,

I am having 3 problems in V15:

1) I have Yealink T21P E2 and Yealink T41P phones which I have just updated the firmware to the latest ones available from the website, which are T21P_E2-52.81.0.70 and T41-36.81.0.70. But now in the Phones section it is showing these phones as unsupported. Why hasn't 3CX got the latest firmware available for these? I thought that this would come under the "rigorously tested" term stated in the 3CX videos.

2) I have a Cisco SPA-112 and I am setting up one line for the fax machine and the other line for the alarm. I have set the fax machine extension under "Fax Extensions" in 3CX but it won't register because it is blocking register requests from WAN, which I can see is an option under a normal extension, which can be disabled, but there is no option to disable this is it's in the Fax Extensions section. Is this an oversight from the developers?

3) I can't seem to download updates, I just get the "Download has started, please wait" but then it just sits there until it eventually times out. Why?

Attached Files:

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1) We cannot support exactly all the firmwares they release, immediately. Look at it like android OS. Do you see android os come on a samsung phone the moment the google nexus has it? No because SAMSUNG need TIME to Make the OS, Test it etc.
    Something along those lines happens here also.
    2) We want fax extension to work locally. That's how we test it. If you want create a normal extension, unblock wan and connect that to your fax device. But if it does not work, go to the manufacturer. We do not want to be involved in support tickets of remote fax extensions not working.
    3)Clear browser cache. Restart management console service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Peter Richardson

Thanks for your reply!

What are the differences between adding the fax under "Fax Extensions" or just adding it under "Extensions"?

2) As I mentioned, if added under Fax Extensions, there is no option to unblock WAN connection. Why is this the case? I can't tell the customer that I have to move my entire infrastructure to their premises if they want a fax machine. What if it was cloud based? No fax allowed for any customers with cloud based 3CX?

3) I have tried the download on several different computers and browsers with the same result. How can I restart the Management Console Service on the Debian version?

#3 Peter Richardson, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. Peter Richardson

5. Peter Richardson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.