Yealink New Firmware V82

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brad Cann, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

Gday All,

All my phones are V81 firmware and the new firmware appears to have come out and been released to 3cx. However when i try to deploy that firmware via phone and +Firmware, all the phone does is reset but doesn't update. I am wondering if it is something similiar to the yealink conference phone issue from a while back?

2. giwm

giwm New Member

Interestingly, I'm having the same issue but only at my remote sites. Which is odd, as it's worked before.

3. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

i just had a look in the program data folder and the t42-29.82.0.20.rom file is only 1kb in size??? i'm guessing there was some kind of download fudge that happened during the download. Interestingly enough there are a few of these 1kb new .rom files all of which contain in the file itself:

<head><title>Document Moved</title></head>
    <body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <a HREF="http://www.3cx.com">here</a></body>

So i'm guessing that when 3cx got the downloads, they possibly moved the files when i was downloading them or hadn't uploaded them fully and we got these downloaded ....

So i'm guessing that we need to delete these files and wait for a recheck or delete the files and restart services if it is urgent.

4. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

So after redownloading them files manually from the yealink website and replacing the 1KB size files, the firmware update button is now working. Hopefully this fixes some other folks issues.

5. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, once the file was replaced, the phone firmware i tried to push across the network last weekend must've stayed as pending, as i just had 50 odd phones reboot and apply the firmware since the file is now working.....

Queue much swearing and panic...........................

Is this a feature or a bug?

6. giwm

giwm New Member

Hmm... my file sizes are correct. But I had a phone onsite have the exact same issue, ruling out VPN as the culprit. Still not sure what the deal is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.