Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink - no sound (external extension)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adam_easyit, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_easyit

Hello all,

We are having problems with our external extension where they make outbound calls but not able to hear anything. This is only for external extensions. They can hear fine when they receive calls, but not outbound.

We have tried calling 3CX support, but it appears they have limited resources on this.

Can anyone help? We really need to get this going.

Cheers,
    Adam

2. snowsam

Adam,

This summer I experienced the same problem with an external (non-tunnel) Yealink. I have not tested again with newer firmwares from Yealink to see if that has fixed the problem since then.

My solution was to make a quick switch to grandstream phones for the few external extensions on our system.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that you have enabled STUN on the set as it can receive calls. It may be a setting on the router that the set is behind, some makes don't play well with SIP. Have you tried using the phone at another location. What make of router are you using?

4. adam_easyit

Thanks for the replies.

We are using Draytek router.
    We have tried disabling and enabling STUN, no difference.

Are you saying that our Yealink may not support this?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is a single set, behind a router, then STUN should be enabled on the set. If you look at the 3CX logs, just after the set has been powered up, you should see a registration that includes the public IP (of the router) and the port you assigned the set (probably 5060). If the set you are using does not have STUN, then have a look at this thread and in particular, the reply from Sy http://www.3cx.com/forums/no-incoming-calls-19487.html#p103592

Not knowing what else is on that network, there is a possibility that another device is causing a conflict/confusion with the ports on the router.

The easiest way to confirm a router issue is to move the set to another network (if possible), this might save you some time by eliminating the router as the cause of the problem.

There is also an option in 3CX, for each extension that you might try changing, it might make a difference...PBX delivers audio, it used to be called something like that, the name may have changed slightly in recent versions.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The issue is with the router most likely. Dump the yealink junk, enable UPNP on the Draytek and get some Grandstream phones, enable UPNP on them and you are all set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

If its an issue with the router (likely) than there is no reason to switch phones. While I may disagree about Yealink phones being referred to as "junk", I do think your issue is likely with the router and not the phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The router may present a challenge but why go crazy when Upnp is so easy and proven on the Dreytek? I simply expressed my professional opinion of a product. :D

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have and am using Yealink as a remote extension without tunneling and without problems. I have t-28 and VP2009. 3cx jusy re-published how to set up remote extensions on the blog. You may want to revisit this and I suspect how the routers and/or firewalls are set up at both ends. I assume that when a remote extension initiates a call, the other side gets the ring, answers and then silence. Is the silence at both ends or only at the remote Yealink end? In any event, sounds more like a routing/firewall issue to me more so than the phone itself.

10. connecting2

Solution? I'm expecting the same issue with Yealink T28P when using from home. Softphone works fine tough.

11. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Need more info.

What version 3CX? What OS and how many bit?
    Do you have a static IP at the 3CX end?
    Did you run the firewall checker and did it pass?
    Is STUN enabled? If so, on both 3CX and the phone?
    What version f/w in the t28?
    Is the softphone running with or without the tunnel?
    What make of router at both ends?
    What specifically does not work? Will the t28 register, does it ring, can it make calls, is the audio one way, etc?
    is uPnP enabled in teh T28?

12. connecting2

It was a STUN server. Thank you!

On the phone I had to enable "NAT Traversal" and add same stun server as on 3CX (supplied by SIP trunk provider).

13. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/ ... is a very good source of info regarding setting of remote extensions.

Also - we use Draytek routers a lot ... Their firewalls can be a bit touchy though. If you don't ping a registration request through them regularly, they can drop the SPI table entry & 'forget' the ports you want to keep open and block incoming calls. We get round this by reducing the phones registration period - e.g. set it to re-reg with the 3CX every 3 minutes and that will keep the firewall open and ensure incoming calls are 2-way.

Graham Hill
    Foxhall Solutions

14. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Also noticed that Yealink phones provision from 3CX with a preset STUN server address 217.10.79.21 ... But if I ping that address, I get no response. I have changed my Yealink template to input ... stun3.3cx.com ... instead, as this is gives me the fastest ping where we are based.

That could be contributing to problems with remote connect.

15. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Graham,
    Is it 217.10.79.21
    or it is 217.10.79.21:5060?

16. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

217.10.79.21 with allocation of port 3478 via provisioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.