Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Yealink Phone Background

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntnetzeband

Anyone have a good way to change the background of approximately 500 Yealink T48 phones through 3CX? We used to have it all done with custom provisioning templates but they are a nightmare in V15.5 so we've gone back to default templates and that is the only change we would legitimately like to make.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

It would be custom template all the way. However I would agree the behavior has changed as in that templates are now created on the fly.

Further reading that may assist:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/
    https://www.electronicfrontier.co.u...mplate-for-a-customized-logo-with-yealink3cx/

I created a guide for v14 but have not got round to v15 just yet. I would not recommend changing anything default with the system, if you need to reverse this behavior later on you will be stuck.

3. ntnetzeband

Thanks, that worked! As a bonus, we have several different backgrounds for different departments/companies in our building. Any ideas on how to accomplish that? :)

Tim Steinhoff likes this.
  4. ntnetzeband

Makes sense. Your idea to change the name though works well. I posted a thread in the Ideas forum to upload our own backgrounds so hopefully it will gain some traction :) Thanks for the help!

cjkoll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.