• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink phone does not auto provision

Status
Not open for further replies.

engin411

Customer
Reaction score
Hello, my new Yealink T38G phone doesn't autoprovision. I can see it in the Phones area and can assign it to my extension, but after clicking Ok it does not reboot. After a power cycle, it still does not register with the server. Any ideas? Thanks.

anything in the log files?

No. I looked in Server Activity Log and Server Event Log and saw nothing related to the extension or the phone's IP or the phone's MAC.

My phones are all setup using a DHCP Assigned Reserved address. And DHCP gives the helper address to find the autoprovision server.
I did at one time have a problem with provisioning and I think it was a windows firewall or antyivirus issue.

I found the phone firmware needed an upgrade. Thanks for your attempt to help, and sorry to take your time. Should've thought about firmware long ago.

perhaps I could have recommended that off the bat :)
sometimes I assume a bit too much.

glad you got it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.