Yealink phone template updates v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by burgess, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burgess

First, very pleased with the new features and interface of v12. Its been fun playing around with this in my lab.

I ran a template update/download accidentally for Yealink phones and noticed that the "web password" field was then missing under the extension settings. I was able to copy the proper template from another working v12 install, and the field reappeared. I thought you may want to know this, if you don't already. Perhaps the v11 templates are just missing this setting and that's what v12 grabs when you run the update.

Also, has anyone been successful in getting CTI to work with Yealink phones? I've had some difficulty. The phone prompts to allow an external application, I say OK (not block) but after that I cannot get any response from the phone when trying to make a call from the application. I haven't exhausted all my efforts, but if anyone has experience similar to mine - do share!

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Mathew, can you please check if your phones are updated to the latest firmware using the phone's node in the 3CX management console. Once that is done you should have no problems with CTI using Yealink phones. If you would also provide the yealink model that you have been using that would be great too. Please let me know if your issue has been resolved and if you have any further inquiries don't hesitate to ask.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. burgess

Hi, I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and it now works for calling out and transferring - but I cant end the call using the software. I am using Yealink T32G with firmware version 32.70.0.130 (the latest, although the yealink site says to use 32.70.0.105) so maybe I need to downgrade to that.

Also, I had to upgrade the firmware using the phones webpage, because in 3CX even after I add the firmware in the provision/firmware tab it will not show up when I select the phone and choose "upgrade firmware" in the phones list. (it shows a version that does not exist on the server).

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Mathew,

The reason we recommend updating through the management console is that that firmware has been extensively tested and is ensured to work properly. Try using the firmware from 3CX Management console firmware upgrade and see if the phone works correctly. If you would let me know of your progress on the issue that would be great.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. burgess

That worked! I see now how the firmware upgrade using the console works - I also had an older RC of 3CX v12 which I upgraded yesterday so that was also part of my problem. This problem is solved, thanks so much!

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So I see a template for the T46 and T42 which is nice - I can use it on my v11 system with some modifications.
    Does anyone know if the T41 is compatible? My guess would be yes - but since no template was released maybe I am wrong.

7. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi matthewr,

you are welcome, good to know that your problem is solved, and if you need anything else or if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.