Yealink phones DND button does not update 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasit, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasit

jasit New Member

Hi,

I have added the *60 and the *61 to the dnd button on the yealink phone, and I watch MyPhone and it flashes red for a second and then goes back to green, even though the yealink phone shows the dnd icon on the screen

Any ideas?

j

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You need to use *30, *31, *32, *33, *34 instead.
    Available, Away, Out of Office, Away2, Out of Office 2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The use of DND and status is dependent upon what you want to do relative to call handling. The best example I can give has to do with ring groups. Keep in mind the following:

The status function is pertinent to an extension for direct calls placed to it. So, for example if an extension is set to away and has the rule set to forward to cell, this setting will be ignored by a call coming from a ring group. The call will continue down the path as set-up by the ring group. Otherwise, all calls from a ring group would be sent down the forward path which defeats the purpose of the ring group. However, calls sent to the extension directly from something other than a ring group or a queue, will obey the status and follow the path to forward. This can be important if an extension owner who is part of a ring group goes to lunch and reflects an away status as a result. If this should occur, then any ring group call that makes it to that extension will simply ring for the allotted time before moving on.

DND is used to reflect the status of the phone whereas the other is more related to the user of the phone. When DND is set, it essentially sends an "I am busy" or "I am temporarily busy" message back to the system. So, in the case of a ring group, the call will by-pass (not ring) the extension and move to the next extension or rule. It prevent the extension from ringing needlessly for the allotted time which then speeds up the process by which the caller may get an answer.

People in a ring group may want to do both, set their status as well as DND. Both fundamentally control whether or not the phone will ring and how the call will subsequently be directed, but do so based upon what type of originating call is being handled.

4. craigreilly

Good info about how DND works...
    If I recall, when you do the *6x thing - it does not show anything in MyPhone - but instead the extension status changes.
    The *3x will show a status change in MyPhone.
    I am not sure exactly what status *6x reflects in SIP Messages as opposed to *3x

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jasit

jasit New Member

Thanks for the info, ya I switched the dnd to do the *3x, so it shows up in the Myphone list, but it doesn't seem to make any changes to the receptionists phone, her blf still shows available . It only shows busy if the person is actually on the phone.

Based on what I have been reading, this seems to be the standard, am I correct?

6. craigreilly

BLF is just that "Busy Lamp Field"... the standard for the BLF doesn't allow for the BLF to show DND status.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/busy-lamp-field/

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Be glad the Yealnks at least show this in MyPhone as 3CX's own softphone does not. The call goes to the softphone just long enough to get the busy SIP response and then the call moves on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.