Yealink phones store 3CX Tunnel info

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I have heard that certain Yealink models can store the 3cx tunel details as part of the phone configuration to save users have to have the 3CX SIP Proxy Tunnel program running, can anyone tell me the models? I know the T20P doesn't has we have that model.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that the 3CX tunnel is exclusive to 3CX products, it's not a SIP standard of any sort. At a remote site you could run the 3CX proxy server, allowing all sets at that location to use the tunnel.

3. DJHiP

Certain Yealink models support OpenVPN as a remote connection option. This is different to the 3CX Tunnel, as leejor has stated the 3CX Tunnel is 3CX's own VPN method and is not compatible with other IPSec VPN options.

Your options are either a PC running the 3CX Proxy or a Hardware based VPN that the phone connects to.

Who knows what the recent Yealink+3CX Partnership will bring, it certainly would be a nice feature to have in phone :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.