• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink Plug and Play ** ROUTING/NETWORK ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhicken

Reaction score
I need some help getting this feature to work.

I just received a bunch of Yealink T-28P phones and plugged them in to the network and manually changed the VLAN to my voice VLAN. The phones now have a DHCP address and are on the same VLAN as 3CX. The server can ping the phones just fine but none of the phones are showing up automatically in 3CX. I am running SP5 and I have tried firmware 2.51.0.10(came on phone) and 2.60.0.60 (latest). I have 20 new phones connected but none are listed as NEW under the "Phones" menu in 3CX.

Any ideas on getting them to show up?
I've turned the Windows firewall off on the server.

Thanks!

Re: Yealink Plug and Play

Well I found the "Phone AutoDetection Update" under "Other Updates" but my issue remains.

The phone I manually configured shows up as well as my soft phone but no phone is being "Auto-Detected".

I reboot the server and the phones after the update.

Still lost...

Make sure your windows firewall is OFF on the server. Assuming that you have a managed firewall to handle your VLAN needs, make sure that you do not apply any filter at Layer 2 (or Layer 3 if that is what you have). It is surely a network issue.

The network (VLAN) should support multicast.

But many switches have the option to filter off multicast and or multicast storms. If that is enable it could prevent the function. As a matter of fact I tested that right after I replied and indeed no NEW NEW Yealink shows up

sigma1 said:
But many switches have the option to filter off multicast and or multicast storms. If that is enable it could prevent the function. As a matter of fact I tested that right after I replied and indeed no NEW NEW Yealink shows up

If traffic is blocked (independently of reasons) then there is no way to deliver information.
It is the rule.

After some testing I'm looking closely at the VLAN setup.
I have 3CX and the phones on VLAN 75 with no luck BUT if I leave 3CX in VLAN 75 and place a phone in VLAN 1 plugged into the same switch it works!
I use HP procurve switches.
I'll look at the multicasting option now.

Well I'm a little stumped.

I have 3cx Server configured for VLAN 75(192.168.75.150) on a HP Procure 2650 Switch (Managed) on Port 9.
I have a Yealink T28P (FW 51) connected to the switch and configured for VLAN 75 on Port 11.
The phone gets a proper vlan DHCP address and the server can ping the phone and connect to the web interface.

Multicast Filtering for VLAN 75 is off.

Here is the switch config if it helps someone figure out why the server cannot communicate with the phone for auto detection.

Thanks!

hostname "MDF 3.4"
snmp-server location "3rd FLOOR, 4th Position"
time timezone -480
time daylight-time-rule Continental-US-and-Canada
ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1
sntp server 192.168.1.210
ip routing
ip udp-bcast-forward
timesync sntp

Sniped...

vlan 1
name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
untagged 1-50
ip address 192.168.1.207 255.255.255.0
exit
vlan 75
name "Voice"
no ip address
tagged 1-50
ip igmp
exit
gvrp
spanning-tree
password manager
password operator

Can I use wireshark to view the broadcasts 3cx sends to the phones?

Yes you can, install wireshark on the server and it would help if you add a mirror port to port 11 on another port and connect a laptop with Wireshark there too. Ideally you will see multicasts on the laptop that will not reach port 9 (server).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.